P500 Honda 500 Full Glass Windshield

golden

golden

Feb 5, 2018
Saratoga Springs
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you sure? I think the frame from Canada is with out the glass?
Not sure if your talking about my windshield, But yes glass comes with my windshield. 1/4 Inch laminated safety glass, with a slight tint.
Hope this will clear up any confusion. Thank you all.
Fred
www.sxswindshields.com

IMG 5951

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I was originally concerned that the windshield may not fit with the EMP roof and side mirrors, but when speaking with Fred he mentioned his return policy. I ordered the windshield from Fred on Monday, and it arrived Friday by Fed-Ex and packaging is excellent, heavy corrugated box, and thick foam surrounding unit.
Mounting the windshield is a breeze and was accomplished in about 30 minutes without help.

Sxswindshield02
I removed my Moose folding windshield that was scratched and not fun in the rain when your legs get soaked from water running with through the gap that allows the windshield to fold.
Sxswindshield04
Removed the front clamps on the EMP roof.
Sxswindshield06
Set the sxswindshield in place, I like how the top cross bar clamps hold the windshield in place so you can adjust and clamp the sides without worry about the windshield falling, and without the need for a helper.
Sxswindshield07
Re-clamp the front of the roof.
Sxswindshield08
Windshield in place and secured with the 6 included bar clamps .

Sxswindshield09
Inside - Vent closed.
Sxswindshield10
Inside - Vent open.
Sxswindshield11
Front view - Vent open - With the vent in the open position, you are able to remove the hood which is an additional huge benefit.

I'm looking forward to a road/trail test as soon as I get some projects finished around the house.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
With the vent in the open position, you are able to remove the hood which is an additional huge benefit.
That’s really important. Do you think it fits ok with the Honda roof?

Reactions: pappyo
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
That’s really important. Do you think it fits ok with the Honda roof?
I would think so Monte, I think the Honda roof has more clearance than the EMP roof, and probably a more popular roof. I got the EMP to fit in my enclosed trailer and the factory roof was a few inches taller. Give Fred a call to be sure, he has a great return policy that he can tell you about.
His return policy was the main reason I purchased it and no regrets, very high quality windshield, couple that with no scratches on poly and it’s a win win.
Don’t think you can go wrong or be disappointed with this windshield :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I would think so Monte, I think the Honda roof has more clearance than the EMP roof, and probably a more popular roof. I got the EMP to fit in my enclosed trailer and the factory roof was a few inches taller. Give Fred a call to be sure, he has a great return policy that he can tell you about.
His return policy was the main reason I purchased it and no regrets, very high quality windshield, couple that with no scratches on poly and it’s a win win.
Don’t think you can go wrong or be disappointed with this windshield :D
Thanks DD for that review. It’s nice to have the feedback from others, particularly on pricy items. I’m glad you’re satisfied. This is on my wish list only because I can’t justify it yet, my original Super ATV hardcoat still has no scratches on it.

But Fred’s windshield sure is looking nice. And the fact you can remove the hood with it on is a huge plus as well.

How’s the loss of visibility, or have you trail tested it yet?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Had this been available when I bought mine I would have went this way for sure.
That’s where I’m at. I think my hard coat was $250.00ish and it’s not scratched at all. But like you, if anything ever happens to it I’ll go for Fred’s for sure. :cool:

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks DD for that review. It’s nice to have the feedback from others, particularly on pricy items. I’m glad you’re satisfied. This is on my wish list only because I can’t justify it yet, my original Super ATV hardcoat still has no scratches on it.

But Fred’s windshield sure is looking nice. And the fact you can remove the hood with it on is a huge plus as well.

How’s the loss of visibility, or have you trail tested it yet?
Haven’t trail tested yet, haven’t even road tested yet, working on a sliding gate so our granddaughter won’t topple off our porch, but I’ll keep you posted.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
These look like a top notch product. My Honda oem winshield is pretty much trashed. The sun glare is unberable , I need to give this some serious thought.
That’s where I was at Choog, hard to see through swirl scratches, plus since I’ve become a Southerner, I didn’t like cold wet knees and legs at the Mac post run. Quality is top notch. And No, this isn’t a paid endorsement, just a great guy to work with. :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!