P1000 Honda accessories

dougclind

dougclind

Jul 6, 2018
Roan Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotcha! Have you gone to the Molex site?
Done. I think I've found the plug but it will be guesswork to figure out which pin to use. The plug is just a shell.

I'm sure I can't just buy one plug, probably be a bag of them and a bag of pins when I really only need the one plug. The cheapskate in me hates to spend any more than I have to but ... Conclusion: I'll just have to bite the bullet and spend the $50 for the harness. (What a ripoff!) :) This is for a rear facing light bar on the back of the rooftop so I'll need about 10'. If the one on Amazon isn't quite long enough I'll just splice in what I need. So on to the next part of this electrical upgrade project.

Guess I might as well mention that too. Someone might have some good suggestions. I've seen some posts and youtube's for the things I want to do but the more input I get can't hurt.

1. Interior dome lights. You can't see squat on the dashboard at night. Can't see the switch panel, the ignition key, the glove box etc.
2. Two side facing lights on the top. I'll probably have to work sometimes at night out in the forest. So the more light the better
3. Floorboard lights. Saw someone else had done that so what the heck. As long as I'm doing everything else...
4. Another switch panel with a volt meter for the 2nd battery and USB outlets. I'll use 3 switches for the lights and maybe one for an inverter.
5. MAYBE - an inverter for 110V AC. 200 or more watts, mostly for chargers. If I'm using cordless power tools the batteries always run out in the most inconvenient places.
6. Fuse box for all those things.
7. A second battery. But there's lots of how-to's on that so I think I know which way to go there.

I bought my Pioneer mostly for utility not sport. After I get this upgrade done, I need to look for a small trailer to tow behind. But one problem at a time.

L

Lapcinski

Oct 27, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own
Done. I think I've found the plug but it will be guesswork to figure out which pin to use. The plug is just a shell.

I'm sure I can't just buy one plug, probably be a bag of them and a bag of pins when I really only need the one plug. The cheapskate in me hates to spend any more than I have to but ... Conclusion: I'll just have to bite the bullet and spend the $50 for the harness. (What a ripoff!) :) This is for a rear facing light bar on the back of the rooftop so I'll need about 10'. If the one on Amazon isn't quite long enough I'll just splice in what I need. So on to the next part of this electrical upgrade project.

Guess I might as well mention that too. Someone might have some good suggestions. I've seen some posts and youtube's for the things I want to do but the more input I get can't hurt.

1. Interior dome lights. You can't see squat on the dashboard at night. Can't see the switch panel, the ignition key, the glove box etc.
2. Two side facing lights on the top. I'll probably have to work sometimes at night out in the forest. So the more light the better
3. Floorboard lights. Saw someone else had done that so what the heck. As long as I'm doing everything else...
4. Another switch panel with a volt meter for the 2nd battery and USB outlets. I'll use 3 switches for the lights and maybe one for an inverter.
5. MAYBE - an inverter for 110V AC. 200 or more watts, mostly for chargers. If I'm using cordless power tools the batteries always run out in the most inconvenient places.
6. Fuse box for all those things.
7. A second battery. But there's lots of how-to's on that so I think I know which way to go there.

I bought my Pioneer mostly for utility not sport. After I get this upgrade done, I need to look for a small trailer to tow behind. But one problem at a time.
You sound like me! First if you invest in some of the plugs and pins, you could do all of them for your OEM panel or buy the ones like I posted. They are easy, long cord, for what I needed. None of the switches are lighted, I may have to get new ones with lights.

Lights on the back...did you look at the club store? Real nice plug and play. I did order that, but what I should have done is the ordered the one with a three way switch to control those lights when Im not in reverse. See pictures below.

I removed the old volt meter and put in the dual meter that came with the TRUE battery isolator. See below.

Interior lights...I did that as well. The floorboards worked great, the dash ones worked, but not quite the angle I was hoping. I also could have used a second one above my switch plate. My plan is to make my interior lights into a three way so I can have a Dome light to toggle.

I made a video on taking off the dash, just do a search on here.

849F3958 E5F8 41AA 9105 C376A81E6D64 7AD33E55 0266 4BEE 80FA 137B2F6EFA89 B1ED61F8 2992 44E2 ADCE CF5941511CB7 1955878E D1D2 45D1 A9FE 8EC76DCF4D94 FFE789A8 9521 4B02 AE81 0E203DA9F1E3 E4283580 24D7 4928 A6CC 26B4C633399F 1FA15907 FE01 48F5 976F FE5F14C1F411

Last edited:
dougclind

dougclind

Jul 6, 2018
Roan Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll check out the club store. A couple of weeks ago I bought a 30", 120 watt light bar at Tractor Supply on sale for $80. I'll use that for the rear facing light bar. I imagine it will draw about 10 amps. I think I'll keep the OEM switch panel for the front and back light bars and leave the blank spots for future heater (and wiper ?) upgrades. What the heck, the fuses and plugs to the switch panel are already there so I might as well leave them for that.

I'll look around for a second switch panel to go in that blank spot on the dash. Seems like there are a few that are made for the Pioneer 1000 that come with volt meters and USB outlets.

I will buy 5 pin lighted switches though, even for the one the dealer installed for the OEM light bar. The only challenge will be to find ones with the right labels and have them all match. I'll be surprised if I can do it. My only regret is that they'll all probably be from China. But I fly R/C airplanes and just about everything affordable is made in China. So what's a few bucks more for switches and harnesses for the Pioneer. *%!#* China. (Don't get me started.)

Reactions: Lapcinski

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!