P1000 Honda Auxiliary 4" LED Lights

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I originally thought I wanted to install a light bar up high but not on top of the roof. It would certainly die a misfortunate death from tree branches. The added illumination would be mostly for snow plow work and some low speed trail riding around the property. At first I thought a 42" bar under the roof visor of my Honda roof. Mounting would be questionable attaching to the plastic because I fear the light beam would bounce more than Polefessional with 38DD. I've since moved my thought to two 4" cubes mounted to the ROPS. Then I saw Honda's OEM version and how they mounted them and I like it a lot:

http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/0SV31-HL3-201.pdf

I just don't like the price. Retail: $299.00

Honda Aux Light

I really like their mounting location because I have a Honda glass windshield.

Mounting location

I can make that. Anyone used this location for mounting lights? The backside is the clamp. I've bought these to start with:

915GujSXpHL SL1500

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074YYBSGW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Feedback welcomed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I originally thought I wanted to install a light bar up high but not on top of the roof. It would certainly die a misfortunate death from tree branches. The added illumination would be mostly for snow plow work and some low speed trail riding around the property. At first I thought a 42" bar under the roof visor of my Honda roof. Mounting would be questionable attaching to the plastic because I fear the light beam would bounce more than Polefessional with 38DD. I've since moved my thought to two 4" cubes mounted to the ROPS. Then I saw Honda's OEM version and how they mounted them and I like it a lot:

http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/0SV31-HL3-201.pdf

I just don't like the price. Retail: $299.00

View attachment 87255

I really like their mounting location because I have a Honda glass windshield.

View attachment 87252

I can make that. Anyone used this location for mounting lights? The backside is the clamp. I've bought these to start with:

View attachment 87253

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074YYBSGW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Feedback welcomed.

Yes but if you’re somewhere it gets over 65F in a reg basis I’d make the windshield removable.

2bb0db3faad1b0b873e974f785849b53

Take a look at Rough Country their output is far more than a Amazon special of equal size.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes but if you’re somewhere it gets over 65F in a reg basis I’d make the windshield removable.

View attachment 87256

Take a look at Rough Country their output is far more than a Amazon special of equal size.

Upstate NY sees temps in the 90's down to 0 degrees. I kept the glass on this summer as a test and it was very reasonable especially after the bilge fan. I started with the Amazon cheapies to see if I would like it. I agree, Rough Country does put out some good stuff at a third of the price of Honda accessories. Thanks for your idea.

Reactions: BWAF and ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Upstate NY sees temps in the 90's down to 0 degrees. I kept the glass on this summer as a test and it was very reasonable especially after the bilge fan. I started with the Amazon cheapies to see if I would like it. I agree, Rough Country does put out some good stuff at a third of the price of Honda accessories. Thanks for your idea.

I’ll upload a video in a bit that shows mine in action. It will take a while ...

BUT it'll give you the closest thing to try before you buy.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!