NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealer said it’s crucial. Rest of the services are not crucial. They only recommended having the dealer do the first service. Showed me valves from guys that skipped the service. They had close to 1/2” elongation on valve stem. They want $400 to inspect and if one time adjustment is required then they want $700.
They don’t mind making money

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
H

HighboyPioneer

Lifetime Member
Apr 2, 2023
PNW
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Tha
They don’t mind making money
Thats for sure.

They said there will be later on warranty issues if that service is skipped. It was a big investment. Figured I pay the piper once more.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Dealer said it’s crucial. Rest of the services are not crucial. They only recommended having the dealer do the first service. Showed me valves from guys that skipped the service. They had close to 1/2” elongation on valve stem. They want $400 to inspect and if one time adjustment is required then they want $700.
interesting.....

is this the same dealer that delivered the unit without the aux power working

H

HighboyPioneer

Lifetime Member
Apr 2, 2023
PNW
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
interesting.....

is this the same dealer that delivered the unit without the aux power working
That’s what I’m referring to. I should see what goes into the valve work. I’m not opposed to doing it myself and just documenting it.

3601B888 D2DC 43ED 8A71 B21329144136

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. Dealers will say it's required. And your pricing is about on par. It's fairly decent job to check and more if it needs lower shims. Its not too difficult. You have just as much skills.. i mean luck.... at getting it done "correcrly" as most dealers do. Lol.

Book says check "only if noisy".... or used to.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I'm looking for an Ignition Power Wire (or parts) that connects the 2022/2023 ACC connector dummy plug to the trigger on the OEM second fuse box. Found the dummy plug end

but not the end that plugs into the fuse box. Where can I get one without buying another fuse box wiring kit.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Book says check "only if noisy".... or used to.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The book still said that for my '21 model. I determined mine was not noisy, and did all the fluid changes myself. You can bet there's a good chance some dealers would say they needed to do the adjustment and add it to your bill, even it they don't touch them. At the least, if you decide to have the dealer "do it", I'd apply a dab of "torque-seal" (anti-sabotage lacquer) to the bolts on the cover beforehand - and take pictures of them. That way you can determine and prove if they did or didn't remove the cover so you can dispute the bill if they try to scam you.

H

HighboyPioneer

Lifetime Member
Apr 2, 2023
PNW
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
The book still said that for my '21 model. I determined mine was not noisy, and did all the fluid changes myself. You can bet there's a good chance some dealers would say they needed to do the adjustment and add it to your bill, even it they don't touch them. At the least, if you decide to have the dealer "do it", I'd apply a dab of "torque-seal" (anti-sabotage lacquer) to the bolts on the cover beforehand - and take pictures of them. That way you can determine and prove if they did or didn't remove the cover so you can dispute the bill if they try to scam you.
Good idea thanks

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good idea thanks

While you're at it, you might put a tiny dab of laquer on the filler caps for the differentials, tranny and engine oil fills too. Not saying they'd skip those, but the fluid I drained, on my initial service, could have passed for new if looking at the top or dipstick.

H

HighboyPioneer

Lifetime Member
Apr 2, 2023
PNW
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
While you're at it, you might put a tiny dab of laquer on the filler caps for the differentials, tranny and engine oil fills too. Not saying they'd skip those, but the fluid I drained, on my initial service, could have passed for new if looking at the top or dipstick.
Will do, thanks. Nice Husky.

Reactions: bumperm

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!