BRed Honda Big Red worst piece of equipment owned

L

LastHonda

Jun 29, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. Big Red
I would like to start out by saying that I have always been a Honda fan and we have always used Hondas on our family farm. Over the years we have had dozens of them from motorcycles, three wheelers, ATVs, and now Side X Side. Sadly the Big Red is probably going to be the last Honda piece of equipment we own. The quality is of the Big Red is to say it lightly poor. First the starter went out of it when the magnets just looked like they deteriorated in a million pieces. Next the crankshaft sensor went bad. Then it was the motor because of the brilliant idea to suck in clean air from the dirtiest place on the vehicle, under the box. Then the starter went out again along with the starter torque limiter. When your driving in four wheel drive sometimes the CV Joints just pop out of the front differential. Not only does it have lots of breakdowns but nothing is easy to maintenance or work on. The motor is sitting down in a hole where you have to disassemble half the plastic just to change a spark plug. Even changing the oil requires quite a bit of disassembling. Also Honda only warranty there parts for 60 or 90 days so you may as well go by Chinese aftermarket that have the same length of warranty.To say the least we have not been happy with the quality and the next one will not be a Honda.

tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
How many miles do you have? What are you doing with this thing?

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just curious did you just go buy an abused outdated machine and then base all your beliefs on the current line based off of that? There are lots of people on here and elsewhere that have had very good luck with that same machine with a ton of miles. Granted it was slow and cumbersome but...The 700 is based off of many of those components and are one of the if not the most dependable of all. 2700 ridden very very hard with no maintenance on mine alone when traded for the 1000-5.

Reactions: joeymt33

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got rid of mine before I even bought it when I googled and found out they were that close to being made in China. Heck, if you took away the ocean they would practically border each other! A Honda part is a China part farz I'm 'cerned.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I would like to start out by saying that I have always been a Honda fan and we have always used Hondas on our family farm. Over the years we have had dozens of them from motorcycles, three wheelers, ATVs, and now Side X Side. Sadly the Big Red is probably going to be the last Honda piece of equipment we own. The quality is of the Big Red is to say it lightly poor. First the starter went out of it when the magnets just looked like they deteriorated in a million pieces. Next the crankshaft sensor went bad. Then it was the motor because of the brilliant idea to suck in clean air from the dirtiest place on the vehicle, under the box. Then the starter went out again along with the starter torque limiter. When your driving in four wheel drive sometimes the CV Joints just pop out of the front differential. Not only does it have lots of breakdowns but nothing is easy to maintenance or work on. The motor is sitting down in a hole where you have to disassemble half the plastic just to change a spark plug. Even changing the oil requires quite a bit of disassembling. Also Honda only warranty there parts for 60 or 90 days so you may as well go by Chinese aftermarket that have the same length of warranty.To say the least we have not been happy with the quality and the next one will not be a Honda.
Looks like a troll to me wanting to start trouble. Just my .02

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree. What a pos! I've heard a lot a crap before but that was cute!

Reactions: Tflynn and KevinSC
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Absolutely!

advertisement
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Reactions: KevinSC
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Great. Glad to here you are basing your decision off such an successful machine.
Thanks for letting us know.

Reactions: AKRider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!