P1000m5 Honda Cab Accessories

H

HeavyGear

Nov 2, 2015
Can anyone comment on the ease of removal or installation of the windshield, top, hard doors, hard rear panel, ect? For my use, I would be installing the cab for hunting but taking it off for my ranch work in my orchards. Obviously, Polaris has the lock and ride system. Honda's system looks much more complicated. I'm curious on the amount of time and if one person can put everything on or if it takes two.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have the hard top, glass windshield, hard rear with sliding window, and soft doors. I installed all of it myself and feel like it was easy...the only part to me that seems like it might be difficult to remove is the hard rear panel due to it being in 3 pieces that have plastic push pins to attach them together. I can remove the soft upper doors in matter of minutes and typically do remove them when I go to an off-road park. I haven't removed the windshield or top yet but with how they went on don't feel like they would be hard to remove. If you are getting all soft parts (top, back panel, and doors) they appear to be even easier but I don't have them.

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
I just have the roof and glass windshield and it wasn't too bad to install alone. With that being said, I wouldn't consider just taking them off on a whim. Unless I knew I would be leaving them off for awhile, they're staying right where they are.

Neither piece is heavy, but they are clumsy to handle and precisely adjust by yourself. They will never go back exactly where you had them originally so you may have to loosen screws and re-adjust when you put them back. The last statement is more true for the windshield than the roof.

H

HeavyGear

Nov 2, 2015
Thank you both for your responses. Neither of my local dealers have outfitted their machines with any options yet to have on the showroom floor. I have only read the installation instructions for the different components. I would really like to see a cab before I purchase it.

Btw, I love my machine! I bought the 1000-5 camo. I purchased it for the utility aspect. Going to cut up some trees today, then it will be used to pull a 200 gallon weed sprayer. I'm coming from a Kubota RTV diesel. The Kubota is great for towing a sprayer, but is just rough riding and slow while irrigating or checking on other fields. I spray at 4-5 mph in low gear. The Honda may have to go 5-6 mph to get the rpms (about 3000) up a little. That is moving a bit on the quick side in a orchard with trees leaning though. I hope the motor and transmission holds up. I too wish 1st gear was just a little lower.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!