P1000 2022 honda pioneer 1000 5 accessories CANT FIND

AussomPossum

AussomPossum

Sep 21, 2022
Clifton Tn
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I bought a 22 1000 5 a few months ago and it seems no companies make any accessories for it yet? how long will it take for them to come out? skid plates, bumpers, rock slider/tree kickers, lifts etc are they the same? i see videos and posts with people who have those and wondering if they need modification (voiding accessory warranty) or they just bolt up? any advice/ input?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I bought a 22 1000 5 a few months ago and it seems no companies make any accessories for it yet? how long will it take for them to come out? skid plates, bumpers, rock slider/tree kickers, lifts etc are they the same? i see videos and posts with people who have those and wondering if they need modification (voiding accessory warranty) or they just bolt up? any advice/ input?
Should have a shipment coming coming in on the Mayflower any year now.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Other than front a arms 90% of everything else 2016 through 2021 should bolt up

AussomPossum

AussomPossum

Sep 21, 2022
Clifton Tn
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I was going to order the Ricochet skid plates but everythinghonda called me and said they wouldnt fit? do they know or they canceld the $2200 order for nothing? im in tennessee and frequent AOP, Hale mt, Iron Gap, Circle E, WITC, and Windrock so sliders are a must. prolly gonna bite the bullet and get the Texas Tough 3". just wondering if anyone has ran the skids

H

HondaTech

Bumpers are different
No holes anymore to hold the grill sides on and the opening is much larger to allow better airflow.

The skid plate may be different as well, since they now have additional plates on the outside of the main frame.

Windshield/Roofs should be the same, except for the mirror mount on the front cage crossbar which may get in the way of some clamps.

T

tnoutdoors

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2022
Middle Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was going to order the Ricochet skid plates but everythinghonda called me and said they wouldnt fit? do they know or they canceld the $2200 order for nothing? im in tennessee and frequent AOP, Hale mt, Iron Gap, Circle E, WITC, and Windrock so sliders are a must. prolly gonna bite the bullet and get the Texas Tough 3". just wondering if anyone has ran the skids
2022 Forest addition here. I went down the Ricochet trail a little too early i.e. 11/22/2022. Ricochet's website does reference 2022 Arm Guards. I took that as a sign the center skids and outers were also ready. Ordered the full monte with overlays.

The rear arm guards fit.
The center sections fit.
Outers and front arms did not fit.

Called Don direct at Ricochet, he sent me revised front arm guards within a week. He had to run to a dealer with a 2022 P1K in stock to get the measurements for the revision. He has just finished up a 2023 1000-6 so others can expect to see them appearing soon. He is getting back to the 2022 fitments so hang in there if these are what you want.

AussomPossum

AussomPossum

Sep 21, 2022
Clifton Tn
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
2022 Forest addition here. I went down the Ricochet trail a little too early i.e. 11/22/2022. Ricochet's website does reference 2022 Arm Guards. I took that as a sign the center skids and outers were also ready. Ordered the full monte with overlays.

The rear arm guards fit.
The center sections fit.
Outers and front arms did not fit.

Called Don direct at Ricochet, he sent me revised front arm guards within a week. He had to run to a dealer with a 2022 P1K in stock to get the measurements for the revision. He has just finished up a 2023 1000-6 so others can expect to see them appearing soon. He is getting back to the 2022 fitments so hang in there if these are what you want.
Thanks for the info, exactly what i was looking for. i just need the center and sides since im ordering the TT 3" so a arms wont be an issue. thanks again

Reactions: Backwoods
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My bank account would argue there are plenty of accessories available for the 22 models. Tusk roof, SATV windshield & skid plate, lots of stuff in the club store (turn signals, light bar, back up lights, fan override, etc). Amazon mirrors, MudBuster fender flairs, Rough Country tailgate extender, and probably a dozen other things I am forgetting.

AussomPossum

AussomPossum

Sep 21, 2022
Clifton Tn
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
We have a bunch of stuff updated for the 22+ models. Skids, front and rear A-arms, and all the standard accessories that never changed.
So its been a month. on the website it still says the same thing as before 2016+... for skid plates. Will the 1/2" skid ordered for 2022 model fit?

Reactions: Smitty335
O

orazids

May 29, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My bank account would argue there are plenty of accessories available for the 22 models. Tusk roof, SATV windshield & skid plate, lots of stuff in the club store (turn signals, light bar, back up lights, fan override, etc). Amazon mirrors, MudBuster fender flairs, Rough Country tailgate extender, and probably a dozen other things I am forgetting.
How is the install on the skid plate? Looking to get this next. Have the same roof and windshield as you so I will just follow your lead!

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How is the install on the skid plate? Looking to get this next. Have the same roof and windshield as you so I will just follow your lead!
Install was straight forward, just have to get past screwing in all the self tapping screws.

G

GolfCart

Mar 4, 2023
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Speaking of the self-tapping screws. I just recently bought a used Pioneer and was crawling around under the thing and noticed that a few of the self-tapping screws were missing and others were loose. Turns out some of the tapped holes were stripped.
Is there a better way of attaching the skid plates? The screws are only attached to the frame which is not all that thick and tubular in places.
What can I do with the stripped-out holes? I hate to go with a bigger diameter screw and make these holes any bigger.

Reactions: Robobrainiac

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!