P1000m3 Honda cab enclosure

S

silverstreak

Jan 17, 2017
Morgan Hill, Ca
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed the Honda cab enclosure with doors on my Honda. There are two canvas straps that are supplied which are used to keeping the doors from swinging way opened, and then you would not be able to reach the door without getting out of the machine. The doors are very heavy, and if you open the door hard, or a gust of wind grabs the door, or if you are on uneven ground, the door swings open and breaks the canvas straps.This happened to me the first time I used it. I ended up buying 3/16" cable and crimps and have installed them which has so far taken care of the problem. Same thing just happened to my friend, I just finished making them for his Honda. You would think for an enclosure with doors that is about $4000 Honda would be able to do better than canvas straps. Other than that, I absolutely love the enclosure.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds awesome to have a cab. Glad that you fixed the issue.

Pictures?????

RyanOrange3

RyanOrange3

Oct 13, 2016
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm guessing they use those straps so they break first, instead of pulling out the mounting locations.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

S

silverstreak

Jan 17, 2017
Morgan Hill, Ca
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm guessing they use those straps so they break first, instead of pulling out the mounting locations.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
I don't think so. I have been using mine with cable straps for several outings now, they have gotten away from me several times and I have had no problems. I just think Honda screwed up and didn't realise it would be a problem. I installed my cab and as soon as I installed the doors, which are real heavy, and put the canvas straps on, I knew it would be a problem, you would think Honda would have caught it too.

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am gonna order some soft doors this week. I am not looking for a full complete seal I just wanna stay warm and dry in the winter.. guess I am getting old

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!