P500 Honda cargo tray

Willi

Willi

Oct 25, 2018
Homer NY
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I was looking for that for you last night when I made that post. I didn’t really find anything good of it but I’ll be back on that ride this weekend and I’ll get you a good pic of it. For now, this is all I’ve got for you....

View attachment 93135

I was just zooming in on your tray set up. Nice ideas for cooler and gas can-sub trays, etc ... this site has great ideas everywhere. Also the trips you guys take... I’ve got an older trailer that I’m going to modify (shorten the walls and make 10” longer on front) and fix up so I can take trips to serious riding trails in my neck of the woods. Colorado is a hike. Lots of posted land around me.
I’m still learning how to navigate this site, is there a section that has posts of places to ride? (I do plan on going to Tall Pines south of Rochester). Especially the northeast. I’m in rural central N.Y. Any help would be appreciated.

B5C2334B 6F53 4EEB 9F9E C5DDE5CBB00B

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was just zooming in on your tray set up. Nice ideas for cooler and gas can-sub trays, etc ... this site has great ideas everywhere. Also the trips you guys take... I’ve got an older trailer that I’m going to modify (shorten the walls and make 10” longer on front) and fix up so I can take trips to serious riding trails in my neck of the woods. Colorado is a hike. Lots of posted land around me.
I’m still learning how to navigate this site, is there a section that has posts of places to ride? (I do plan on going to Tall Pines south of Rochester). Especially the northeast. I’m in rural central N.Y. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 93150
Thank you Willi. There’s so much that can be accomplished when you have the numbers of people that we do concentrated on a forum like this all sharing ideas this way. If you’ll scroll all the way to the bottom of the home page, you’ll find the regional forums where people plan rides together and meet up. There’s active threads in your region. I hope that you find members to hook up with up there.

Love your pics too. He who cuts his own firewood warms himself twice!!! :)

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Northern tool aluminum cargo carrier with their chain saw mount, pleased so far. Had a solid homemade box at first, but like the open frame for washing off mud. So many good options with the OEM flat rack. Gas and water jugs fit good.

0B159ACF 9B19 4843 B07A 102F6D5215EC 647DD5D7 AB3B 4B5B A71D 556B1F016DCB

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Northern tool aluminum cargo carrier with their chain saw mount, pleased so far. Had a solid homemade box at first, but like the open frame for washing off mud. So many good options with the OEM flat rack. Gas and water jugs fit good.

View attachment 93174 View attachment 93175
I do like the chainsaw mount but without the chain scabbard, that’s just an accident looking for a victim. I always see them that way, do they not work with the scabbard on???

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I installed a justrite poly spill tray on mine, didn’t have time to use Honda clamps, used U bolts. Tray is 5.5” high and 47” x 33” works awesome for my needs. It’s very light, flexible and super strong. Where the u bolts come through the tray I’ve used small aluminum 90degree angle stock as the backing plate, then drilled a hole and installed stout parachute cord to use as tie down anchors. Drilled a 1/2” hole in one corner and installed a boat plug, I can pull to drain any water.
j

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I do like the chainsaw mount but without the chain scabbard, that’s just an accident looking for a victim. I always see them that way, do they not work with the scabbard on???
Rubber pads hold bar in, and too tight to fit, would need longer bolts. But, haven’t had anyone run up behind me driving down the trail yet. LOL

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Rubber pads hold bar in, haven’t had anyone run up behind me driving down the trail yet. LOL
Haha, that’s funny. I really like the mount, but I was more thinking about myself when I’m back there doing things, catching a knee (or worse :eek:)on it. Is it not possible to keep the scabbard on when you put the saw in the holder???

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Would just need longer bolts for tension knobs. Tried it stock but too tight by about a half inch. Price was good.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!