Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This isnt actually a Hondamatic. That was only in the 500 Rubicon and 400 Rancher.

The Rincon is the same as the Big Red ans Pioneer 700. Three speed with individual clutches for each gear range, witj a torque converter for coupling.

The Hondamatic is a hydrostatic transmission, like a lawnmower or tractor. No clutches to slip or burn. No real "gear" just ranges in the pump.
Exactly. Brake pads never wore out. Wanna go, pin it, wanna slow down, let the throttle off.

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought one of these an 2013 an 2009 model for $5800 dollars used with 100 miles on the clock. The previous owner used it to tow a dragster out to the track. Loved the machine only problem I ever had with it was a Fuel Injection pump failing at around 4k miles. Sold with 6k miles on it for $4850 probably should of asked more since I had a line up of phone calls wanting it. The power steering should be added too it since most want that now, but honestly I could cared less it did the job.

Reactions: TimG and Rayger143
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This isnt actually a Hondamatic. That was only in the 500 Rubicon and 400 Rancher.

The Rincon is the same as the Big Red ans Pioneer 700. Three speed with individual clutches for each gear range, witj a torque converter for coupling.

The Hondamatic is a hydrostatic transmission, like a lawnmower or tractor. No clutches to slip or burn. No real "gear" just ranges in the pump.
Ya we know, we were talking about the rubicon. Sorry if we lost you by getting off subject🤓 LOL

Reactions: TimG and Rayger143
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Just got back from checking me and the son's property on my 2004 Rincon. It still runs as good as the day I got it. I've had it for years. Great machine just needs another gear or two. Traded my Rubicon on it for the Independent rear suspension/better ride. I have a 05 Rancher 400 AT sitting beside the Rincon to keep it company. I bought it for my son years ago it still runs great too. Nothing fancy but they do the job well.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!