BOX1

P500 Honda doors and Honda side view mirrors are incompatible. Solutions?

K

kmcvicar

Jan 31, 2017
cody, wyoming
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2016 P500 and just finished instaĺling the doors to get my cab enclosed. However, i had to remove my honda side view mirrors as they interfere with the door opening. They have a bracket which puts the mirrors more aft rather than straight out.
Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution where the mirrors sill work with both the windshield and doors? My dealer is at a loss.
I was thinking the Kolpin product would work. 20171214 122252
Thanks in advance for your ideas.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the forum @kmcvicar . Got pretty grainy when I blew up the pic but, looks like there's a gap at the front of the door and lower vertical part of the windshield rops. Don't know exactly where you had your Honda mirrors mounted but the kolpins might work for you. They don't interfere with the full shield either. Including a pic so you can see mine...

Gate

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2016 P500 and just finished instaĺling the doors to get my cab enclosed. However, i had to remove my honda side view mirrors as they interfere with the door opening. They have a bracket which puts the mirrors more aft rather than straight out.
Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution where the mirrors sill work with both the windshield and doors? My dealer is at a loss.
I was thinking the Kolpin product would work.View attachment 60148
Thanks in advance for your ideas.

I see you're from Cody...one of my favorite towns. I usually get there at least once a year to visit friends.

K

kmcvicar

Jan 31, 2017
cody, wyoming
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the forum @kmcvicar . Got pretty grainy when I blew up the pic but, looks like there's a gap at the front of the door and lower vertical part of the windshield rops. Don't know exactly where you had your Honda mirrors mounted but the kolpins might work for you. They don't interfere with the full shield either. Including a pic so you can see mine...

View attachment 60151

So below is the crux of the issue with the Honda mirrors. This is a screenshot from the installation manual. It shows the bracket which positions he mirror into the operating radius of the opening door thereby blocking it's operation. I think that if there was a mirror that mounted it straight out from the ROPS, I would be OK. as long as the ROPS bracket we're not so large to interfere with the windshield closing.

Thoughts?

Screenshot 2017 12 20 18 44 02

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So below is the crux of the issue with the Honda mirrors. This is a screenshot from the installation manual. It shows the bracket which positions he mirror into the operating radius of the opening door thereby blocking it's operation. I think that if there was a mirror that mounted it straight out from the ROPS, I would be OK. as long as the ROPS bracket we're not so large to interfere with the windshield closing.

Thoughts?

View attachment 60177

Yeah, the kolpins don't do that and should work fine with the doors.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
K

kmcvicar

Jan 31, 2017
cody, wyoming
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the advice. I will get my dealer to order them. Now, who wants an as new set of Honda mirrors that are now redundant to me?

Reactions: Vaden01
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Btw, Cody is a great place! I love it here.

I guided out of Cody for 10 years. What a great town.

Love Cody as well. I have hunted a couple of times out of there and enjoy summer visits. On my last trip I discovered a really fine pistolsmith there which resulted in a significantly lighter wallet ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
kolpins didn't work for me and the flip OEM windshield. had to get UTVTEK's. got a new one yesterday. like them except I keep breaking. them...FENCE post this time...
IMG 3106

D

Deleted member 3748

Now that I look at the photo, all three of us have the Kolpin mirrors. If @trigger was here that day it would have been four. :D

Reactions: trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe I’m just awkward...o_O

R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 60151
I like the location of the your Kolpin's, Great photo.

Reactions: trigger
P

petersb76

Feb 12, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are the Kolpins that everyone is talking about the Breakaways? Will those fit 17' Pioneer 1000.5 without anything else required.?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!