P1000 Honda hard doors compatibility?

J

JoshInReno

Oct 4, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's come time to fully enclose the cab of my 1000-5. The dust is too much - can't even take it for a ride anymore.

Does anyone know if the Honda doors will work with a Superatv windshield? I also have the Honda roof.

Hoping I don't have to scrap the Superatv windshield and spring for an OE.

Reactions: TxDoc and ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It's come time to fully enclose the cab of my 1000-5. The dust is too much - can't even take it for a ride anymore.

Does anyone know if the Honda doors will work with a Superatv windshield? I also have the Honda roof.

Hate to tell ya, we all get dust its a UTV.
It sucks but its part of the game. Wour in a hot environment, your gonna cook with an enclosure. If it bugs you that bad, before you spend all that money might need to get a Bronco. Seach this topic up top before making your decision.

T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
A large portion of dust comes in around my gear shifters. Only thing doors will do is trap it in there with me. Some of the other SxS do a better job of keeping it out but it still gets in.

Reactions: Remington and 906UP
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You can always sell the Honda and buy a Fire Trap Poo Poo (Polaris) North Star addition. It has an enclosure and an AC that as an HVAC texh still baffle's the hell out of me on a sxs without robbing power and longevity. Your also going to the rubber band life and high RPM deafening cab noise.
The other Issue is, if the FTPP catches fire like they are very capable of and have the track record to prove it. You will be hotter than the enclosure your asking about so that would be a moog point! 🔥🧯🥵🤷🏻‍♂️

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The hard doors will not help the way you think without a massive effort to seal the cab properly. I have the full honda cab and The quality and fit of the cab on the Hondas is crap. I bought the cab for winter use and it does the job though.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Mine has the full cab /hard doors . It's probably not as warm/hot where I'am. In the summer I do remove the hard doors and install the modified half doors . My windshield also tips out at the bottom. I keep the rear window open and with the windshield opened the air flows through the cab .Some goes out the upper door area and some out the back window into the canopy which has a open window on the side. So I don't get dust rolling in from the back . Still it does get a little bit of dust into the cab . But it's not nearly as bad as what others get in theirs. The trick is having the front windsield tipped open allowing air flow to keep the dust to a minumum .This even works with the full doors on however only if the windows are rolled up. Get out enjoy the adventures in your side x side. After all the dust can be washed off.

J

JoshInReno

Oct 4, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not worried about a little bit of dust guys. I get the kind where you can't breathe or see. The kind that coats every surface with a thick layer in minutes. I have no illusions about keeping it all out. Hell, my F250 can't keep it all out. But it's got to help.

Plus I have an elk hunt this November so I want to seal it up for that as well.

Reactions: Red500
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm not worried about a little bit of dust guys. I get the kind where you can't breathe or see. The kind that coats every surface with a thick layer in minutes. I have no illusions about keeping it all out. Hell, my F250 can't keep it all out. But it's got to help.

Plus I have an elk hunt this November so I want to seal it up for that as well.
Well Why didnt you say so?🤷🏻‍♂️

Your still going to boil eggs in the heat your still be riding in most days. Get u a soft enclosure like the CEC so u can remove it easily

Reactions: JoshInReno
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

20240101 153811

@JoshInReno
Perhaps re-consider Honda Soft doors.
Soft doors and top do work with SuperAtv flip, no issues. Middle divider helps cut down dust, too.
Not dust free but tolerable. Windows open and easily remove doors.
Good luck

Last edited:
advertisement
J

JoshInReno

Oct 4, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 432998
@JoshInReno
Perhaps re-consider Honda Soft doors.
Soft doors and top do work with SuperAtv flip, no issues. Middle divider helps cut down dust, too.
Not dust free but tolerable. Windows open and easily remove doors.
Good luck

Thank you for that. I'll definitely consider the soft doors from here on out.