BRed Honda muv700 big red problems with transmission or something

B

Bcoch12

Dec 14, 2015
Muv700 honda big red I bought 2 2012s from a on line auction both were said to be in operating order I had to travel 5.5 hr to get to the pickup anyway I was late getting there and they had moved them out side the fence towed or push
Anyway when tried to start nether would crank I jumped 1 off and gas was hung wide open got fixed
Jump the other 1 off and it cranked but would backfire everything on the led dash would blink on and off as it backfired so I kinda figured it just need a hot battery got a battery and put it in it now cranks with out a boost but still has the same problem with backfiring and light's on dashboard blinking on and off then I discovered that it ran a lot better with the lights on so figured it was grounding back thu the lights and sure enough I found 2 grounds broken off fixed the now she run like a top but it will only change from 1 gear to 2nd 1 time
You can reset the computer and it will do the same exact thing ever time when it does this the engine light comes on and - sign comes up on the left side of the screen speedometer doesn't work at all ether shows 0 all the time has anyone else had a problem like this and if so what did it take to fix it

Ps I have had many honda products in the past still have recon 650 and love it and the transmission that is why I got the muv700 big red over any other s x s

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sounds like the speed sensor is disconnected or malfunctioning

H

HondaTech

Definitely sounds like speed sensor problem, without a speed signal the computer shuts down into fail safe. Look for a broken connector in either of the differentials.

Homegrown8383

Homegrown8383

Jan 23, 2016
DARDANELLE
I have a problem starting my Big Red 700. Replace the starter, solenoid, and battery. Checked fuses all OK. Turn the key on, and solenoid clicks one time, and the starter fails to engage. Any ideas out there on what to check next?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!