P1000 honda oem flip out windshield

R

rickoshea

i have a chance to grab an oem flip out windshield for a really good price. $250 almost new.anybody run with one? are they any good? i currently have the full hard coat poly on with a bimini for playing in the snow but they will come off in the spring.i also have the soft mid panel and i'm wondering if the flip up will work good with it for dust and heat in the warmer months.is it worth it?

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Friend of mine bought the Honda windshield when he bought the machine. Wishes he had gone with the SuperAtv so he could adjust on the fly.

R

rickoshea

so,i've had it on for a while now,and have been beating the holy hell out of it running through tight forest trails and dragging it through pine tree branches relentlessly and so far not a single scratch.even the oem bimini is holding up so far.cab heat is reasonable even with the soft mid panel,bimini and flip open windshield.might be due to the boom mat i put on the diy seat base for the bucket seats,but it seems to have done the trick.for $250 i came out with the win.

Reactions: clifforeilly
Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i have a chance to grab an oem flip out windshield for a really good price. $250 almost new.anybody run with one? are they any good? i currently have the full hard coat poly on with a bimini for playing in the snow but they will come off in the spring.i also have the soft mid panel and i'm wondering if the flip up will work good with it for dust and heat in the warmer months.is it worth it?
I bought the Honda window and if I could do it over, I would get the Super ATV window that opens all the way. My factory window opens about 6 inches and costs almost twice what the SATV cost. $250 is a great price for it.

R

rickoshea

I bought the Honda window and if I could do it over, I would get the Super ATV window that opens all the way. My factory window opens about 6 inches and costs almost twice what the SATV cost. $250 is a great price for it.
the flip out wouldn't work for me in the places i ride.it wouldn't last a day.plus its over $800 here.with the oem i can leave the top part off and have the half shield if i want to.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!