P1000 Honda OEM Roof and Rain

T

Tincan

Oct 1, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys, was out riding last weekend and hit some rain, but roof line was like a trough and funnled the water right into my face as well as the passenger side. It wasn't a too hard of a rain and I wasn't going fast, but from the two crease lines the water just funneled into our face. Just have the half windsheild.

Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey guys, was out riding last weekend and hit some rain, but roof line was like a trough and funnled the water right into my face as well as the passenger side. It wasn't a too hard of a rain and I wasn't going fast, but from the two crease lines the water just funneled into our face. Just have the half windsheild.

Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks

1. A full tip out windshield.
2. A smooth roof with rain gutter not designed by and approved by a Congressional committee.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea, thank God we don't get much rain here.. I've experienced the same s*** with mine. Not impressed with the design at all. As soon as I hit the brakes, a half gallon of rain water drops right on my lap.

I believe there may be a different roof in my future...

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Drive faster so it pushes up and over back or stop faster so it shoots off front :D

Seriously SATV split windshield is best investment I’ve made with my Honda I think. Solves all sorts of issues

B21F2BA1 EC6C 4DAA B637 CC903EB10BA4 8296C3CA 2E01 4A75 9583 36D02854C525

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I chopped my roof down and added an extra inch in the front cut then lowered the front braces inside down for better foraging. It helped at least not pool water on top. Not exactly a fix and not quick.
I seem to remember a couple people with some good ideas but when I googled it I couldn’t find anything. I’d figure someone had a fix. Love the Honda roof but I wish they had thought of that during design

Reactions: mjn
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys, was out riding last weekend and hit some rain, but roof line was like a trough and funnled the water right into my face as well as the passenger side. It wasn't a too hard of a rain and I wasn't going fast, but from the two crease lines the water just funneled into our face. Just have the half windshield.

Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks

If you park the honda just right you can collect about 2 gallons of water when its raining. Comes in handy on overnight camping trips to the wilderness.

To fix it:

Take the honda roof off and lay it upside down on the ground. Next drill a couple small holes near the corners of front visor. Get about 10-15ft of rope and run it though the holes and put a few knots on the end. Hook said rope onto the hitch of your pioneer and pull the kids around in the snow. Do not re install POS honda roof.

Then go to town and buy a half inch sheet of HDPE. Cut out the desired shape of roof. Cut a visor for it, pre drill the screw holes and then screw them together. Attach to honda.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sunday night we got caught in what I believe was hurricane Dorian. Strange since we are in PA, but anyhow.... It was raining like you wouldn't believe. I had 5 people in the 1000 and about 12 miles to get home. I have the Honda Roof and SuperATV windshield. Of course we were driving pretty fast, and everyone in the machine got wet. The water comes up over the windshield and gets the front seat riders wet, and the rain was also running back under the roof and dripping on the rear passengers. Would be nice to be able to fill that gap at the front! I refuse to stuff a neon green pool noodle in there!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sunday night we got caught in what I believe was hurricane Dorian. Strange since we are in PA, but anyhow.... It was raining like you wouldn't believe. I had 5 people in the 1000 and about 12 miles to get home. I have the Honda Roof and SuperATV windshield. Of course we were driving pretty fast, and everyone in the machine got wet. The water comes up over the windshield and gets the front seat riders wet, and the rain was also running back under the roof and dripping on the rear passengers. Would be nice to be able to fill that gap at the front! I refuse to stuff a neon green pool noodle in there!
I took 2 pieces of rubber pipe insulation and put one in side the other. I stuff it in there for winter. @JTW cut some kind of insulation board and fit there...may be he can chime in

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I chopped my roof down and added an extra inch in the front cut then lowered the front braces inside down for better foraging. It helped at least not pool water on top. Not exactly a fix and not quick.
I seem to remember a couple people with some good ideas but when I googled it I couldn’t find anything. I’d figure someone had a fix. Love the Honda roof but I wish they had thought of that during design

I was actually thinking of installing a drain tube. It could just go over to the side and dump there.. I would think it'd work.. no?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have the OEM Honda roof and the full windshield that opens by Honda no problems in rain very little leaks.
20160917 174712

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was actually thinking of installing a drain tube. It could just go over to the side and dump there.. I would think it'd work.. no?
ya something like drains on a sunroof in a car? Probably work kick ass.

T

Tincan

Oct 1, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just drill a hole (center-back in the depression) just big enough to cram and seal a small (3/8"?) hose into.. run it back to the roll bar & off to the side..

That's a good idea could try that, but in my case when I was driving the water was coming off those two creases, maybe putting some stops along that crease to break up the water?

What you guys think?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Found this
6D6D5A51 4B04 4D76 A382 36FBEAE4E2D2

Reactions: TripleB
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just drill a hole (center-back in the depression) just big enough to cram and seal a small (3/8"?) hose into.. run it back to the roll bar & off to the side..
Better yet glue a dildo to the roof and let the water drain through that.

It'd be a great conversation piece!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I took 2 pieces of rubber pipe insulation and put one in side the other. I stuff it in there for winter. @JTW cut some kind of insulation board and fit there...may be he can chime in
Yeah, I just cut a piece of alumabond to the contours of the Honda roof and then used some exhaust clamps to the front rops. I added a seal for the SATV flip and a pice of pipe insulation for the roof.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!