Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
101 0771

No straps at the top. Do you take these off to trailer your buggy?

Reactions: TimG
O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What do those retainers look like installed?

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also, does the molding around the door handle still knock the plastic clip off for the door strap?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
How do we go about getting this update for our current ones?
Unless there’s another way, will have to get a parts list (with the part numbers) and order what we need separately

I bought my doors used and had no parts. I was able to obtain a parts list with numbers and call a honda dealer (wasn’t easy to get them to WANT to do it) and order them separately.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These look like a much nicer installation vs the original doors.

Reactions: Remington
Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just installed the "old" soft doors yesterday on a new 2017 1000-5 LE. Wish I had seen this before I tossed the boxes and installed the doors! I was thinking why don't they just have a bracket that locates off of and attaches to the door. I highly recommend returning the old doors if you don't already have them installed for several reasons.

1. The installation of the old doors is unnecessarily difficult and anyone attempting it for the first time needs to proceed with caution. Printing templates for the old doors that tape together that don't seem to scale properly was a challenge. The eight interior screws must all line up exceptionally well to have any chance of getting the door brackets on and off the 8 screw heads. The holes drilled from the outside of the door need to line up reasonable well with the bottom holes on the inside of the door. The new door brackets will reduce the installation time by 2-3hrs and substantially improve the end result.

2. Removing and reinstalling the doors appears to be significantly easier. The brackets are permanently attached and the screws can be safely thread locked in place. I am guessing the top rail screw is the only screw that needs to be removed and reinstalled. It looks like R&R is down to 1 screw per door from 9 screws per door.

3. The addition of pillar seals addresses a major compliant.

Hopefully, the doors didn't change much, however it appears the Velcro strap at the top is gone which is a change. The doors in the new kit still has the key slots in the door bracket tabs and these slots don't appear to be needed the new kit. Let's hope the seals are backwards compatible. I would like to also have the brackets if it eliminates dealing with 8 screws per door. I don't want to thread lock the screws and then be unable to get the screws loose to remove the doors. I also don't want to loose 1/2 of the screws when the rattle loose. It looks like the brackets would hide the existing mounting holes.

Reactions: elkguide
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!