P1000 Honda OEM soft door update

Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Upon further study, I believe we would want everything except the doors or just the seals. The bracket clamped to the pillar with the hose clamp captures the door and replaces the Velcro strap. The doors also lost the two lower fabric bracket covers.

I think the door brackets would allow me to put the doors on in the am and remove the doors in the pm when hunting. The am ride is before light and the pm ride is glassing. I don't see myself dealing with the 16 screws daily to leave the doors at camp in the pm and I would just leave the doors on. I suspect the single top screw could be left off with the brackets.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just went ahead and ordered Seizmik’s today. Been a long time going back and forth over this and watching the various videos and reading the reviews. Seizmik says that they will sell the top hinges separately if one ever gets damaged. Hope to have them in and installed for my Christmas time rides in the Rockies...;)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I just went ahead and ordered Seizmik’s today. Been a long time going back and forth over this and watching the various videos and reading the reviews. Seizmik says that they will sell the top hinges separately if one ever gets damaged. Hope to have them in and installed for my Christmas time rides in the Rockies...;)
I’ll be watching your install closely and awaiting your reviews! I found a pair of soft doors for a P700 for less than $100 and am debating on getting them and modding them to fit. Just don’t want to be in a situation where I waste $100 and then have to spend $500 anyway:eek:
9C0C966A D211 451F A84B 053FAF153742
Shape is off a bit....hmmmmm what do you thinko_O

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’ll be watching your install closely and awaiting your reviews! I found a pair of soft doors for a P700 for less than $100 and am debating on getting them and modding them to fit. Just don’t want to be in a situation where I waste $100 and then have to spend $500 anyway:eek:
View attachment 97376
Man dude!! I love that you might be able to have what you need for $100.00

If you do that mod and it works I’ll be real proud for you. Good luck.

I also understand your aversion to it because if it fails you still have to buy the new ones and then probably wouldn’t be able to peddle the ones for the 700. By the pics it looks intimidating to me, but you’re clever, you can probably pull it off.

Like I said, best of luck whichever route you go. :cool:

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 97376
Not a chance in hell they will fit. Might be able to flip them for a profit, but doubt any amount of reasonable modification will make them fit.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’ll be watching your install closely and awaiting your reviews!
Indeed, when I get to my shop in New Mexico I’ll be getting on it and I’ll take pics and post my results and thoughts. Seizmik company has been talking to me back and forth by email nearly daily for two weeks, answering every question and though I ordered the doors from Amazon, they sent me out the windshield relocation brackets required for them to work with my Honda windshield, at no charge.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You may be right, but I am still debating going for it!
There was some forum other than ours where I saw that a guy disassembled some 700 doors and modified the tubular frame and then altered the fabric on an upholstery sewing machine and made them nicely fit a P5. So you may be able to do similar!!! :)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Indeed, when I get to my shop in New Mexico I’ll be getting on it and I’ll take pics and post my results and thoughts. Seizmik company has been talking to me back and forth by email nearly daily for two weeks, answering every question and though I ordered the doors from Amazon, they sent me out the windshield relocation brackets required for them to work with my Honda windshield, at no charge.
Sounds like they are working hard for your business and that’s never a bad thing! What are the relocation brackets? Any pics?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sounds like they are working hard for your business and that’s never a bad thing! What are the relocation brackets? Any pics?
Yeah, I don’t know yet but hope that they will be a good fit and not pose any problems. As soon as I ordered the doors I messaged them and they mailed me those brackets. Apparently the ones holding the Honda windshield interfere with their doors. I’ll let you know what they are and how they work.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Way to make us people that have money sunk into the Honda doors and trying to make them better go from half mast with a hope to immediately soft! Literally.. Lol.
Seriously, Those will be nice doors your getting. Customer service sounds like there really good. We’ll all just be stuck in windy land with the pioneer soft doors while your nice and comfy:(. Hahaha

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Way to make us people that have money sunk into the Honda doors and trying to make them better go from half mast with a hope to immediately soft! Literally.. Lol.
Seriously, Those will be nice doors your getting. Customer service sounds like there really good. We’ll all just be stuck in windy land with the pioneer soft doors while your nice and comfy:(. Hahaha
Lmao, sorry dude. Didn’t mean to do that. I’ve really been struggling with my decision. I hope they are great. ;)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Lmao, sorry dude. Didn’t mean to do that. I’ve really been struggling with my decision. I hope they are great. ;)
You good man! Just had to give you some chit. I’m sure they’ll be great. You were were the smart one to wait it out :)
The rest of us just got to get those part numbers! Lol

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You good man! Just had to give you some chit. I’m sure they’ll be great. You were were the smart one to wait it out :)
The rest of us just got to get those part numbers! Lol
That ain’t no chit on the part numbers, lol...

I saw fabric doors in use early on, so I guess that was a motivation to wait. I still think the price is ridiculously high, but it’s cold up in those Rockies, and since her surgery, the cold wind really burns my wife’s face and the side of her head so I’ve got to do something. I hope I (and her of course) are happy with them.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That ain’t no chit on the part numbers, lol...

I saw fabric doors in use early on, so I guess that was a motivation to wait. I still think the price is ridiculously high, but it’s cold up in those Rockies, and since her surgery, the cold wind really burns my wife’s face and the side of her head so I’ve got to do something. I hope I (and her of course) are happy with them.
10-4 on that. Happy wife happy life:). Its cold up here and Im starting to puss out in my ripe age of 44 lol. But my wife is so petite she has no meat on her bones and gets cold fast also, I’m half way ther, just need to decide on that heater situation. ;) It’s coming soon.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
10-4 on that. Happy wife happy life:). Its cold up here and Im starting to puss out in my ripe age of 44 lol. But my wife is so petite she has no meat on her bones and gets cold fast also, I’m half way ther, just need to decide on that heater situation. ;) It’s coming soon.
Yeah see, then there’s that frustrating subject that I’ve got to tackle. Just waiting to see somebody come up with something that’s not too difficult or too expensive, and really does work good for the effort and expense. I’m paying attention to what you’re doing with regards to that.

Reactions: Remington
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Need that whole inside seal setup and the door retainer. Do they still have velcro straps on the top of the door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a guy would have to buy the whole new door setup because it looks like the new doors might be different. My doors are 7 months old ( the old style) and they have a different part #. OSR90-HL4-211A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you open the rear fabric door, forget to shut it and drive through the woods,it is possible to completely rip it off o_O

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
G
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you open the rear fabric door, forget to shut it and drive through the woods,it is possible to completely rip it off o_O
Good to know and I will take your word on that!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hope that didn’t happen to you OR.....:eek:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!