P1000m5 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe with All Weather Package

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealer just called and said my 1000-5 Deluxe with all weather package and accessories have arrived up in Alaska. It's not put together yet, and wont be for another couple of weeks. Said they didn't have installation instructions for the heater yet, so they were waiting on that. I have never spent this much on a toy, so hopefully this one is worth it! $25K is a good chunk of change! and that's without the 4 season tracks! haha

Does anybody have any pictures of the 1000-5 Deluxe with the All Weather Package installed? Hard Doors? Heater, etc.

I'll grab some pictures when I get mine, but wanted to see if anybody else had ordered the hard doors. Lots of money for them and the heater system, but for trapping/riding/playing in Alaska in winter it will be worth it......... I hope.

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Hurry up i need to see a picture of my dream pioneer.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has the soft doors, hard roof and soft rear. However I won't see it again for a week due to work.

CharlieNJoy

CharlieNJoy

Nov 5, 2015
Just some advice. Have them install a winch or get the bumper that has the top mount for the winch in it (do they have that for the 1000 yet?). It has been a nightmare trying to find a winch mount that does not cost more than the winch we bought. Probably going to have to wait for KFI to put theirs out in a few weeks because there is no way a 4-wheeler is pullin this baby out if it gets really stuck!

Reactions: Hondasxs
AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just some advice. Have them install a winch or get the bumper that has the top mount for the winch in it (do they have that for the 1000 yet?). It has been a nightmare trying to find a winch mount that does not cost more than the winch we bought. Probably going to have to wait for KFI to put theirs out in a few weeks because there is no way a 4-wheeler is pullin this baby out if it gets really stuck!

I bit the bullet and ordered the winch mount and winch. Spendy, but like you said, 4 wheelers will have difficulty. Thinking about getting one of those smaller Pull Pal Anchors also. I am waiting for aftermarket bumpers and UHMW skid plates though......and because I ran out of money......:)

Reactions: CharlieNJoy
CharlieNJoy

CharlieNJoy

Nov 5, 2015
I bit the bullet and ordered the winch mount and winch. Spendy, but like you said, 4 wheelers will have difficulty. Thinking about getting one of those smaller Pull Pal Anchors also. I am waiting for aftermarket bumpers and UHMW skid plates though......and because I ran out of money......:)
I think that whole, "running outta money" thing is going to be pretty common among P1k owners. At least, those in MY tax bracket. :D You are definately not alone there!

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Have you looked at the air vent location for the heater? Looks like four in dash and two others. I would hope the two are on top and point toward the windshield. Could one of the center in dash vents be mounted under the dash cover so it or they would go directly at ones feet.

Last edited:
F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Whats the deal with winch plate? The pioneer doesnt have a mounting spot just spot for the fairlead on the factory bumper?

advertisement
S

SXS81

Nov 16, 2015
Dealer just called and said my 1000-5 Deluxe with all weather package and accessories have arrived up in Alaska. It's not put together yet, and wont be for another couple of weeks. Said they didn't have installation instructions for the heater yet, so they were waiting on that. I have never spent this much on a toy, so hopefully this one is worth it! $25K is a good chunk of change! and that's without the 4 season tracks! haha

Does anybody have any pictures of the 1000-5 Deluxe with the All Weather Package installed? Hard Doors? Heater, etc.

I'll grab some pictures when I get mine, but wanted to see if anybody else had ordered the hard doors. Lots of money for them and the heater system, but for trapping/riding/playing in Alaska in winter it will be worth it......... I hope.

Ive got the Deluxe-5 but took my rear roll bar off and put the 3P cab on. Doors are decent but could be sealed better, and windows roll down a little hard. Heater works pretty well from what I can tell, but am missing the rear panel as its on backorder and not due in for another week or two. Installation isnt too bad on these but not as simple as a polaris. Love the machine overall though.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally made it into the Honda dealership to check out the new toy. They are still waiting on the winch mount, so I figured I would let them keep it on the floor until they had a chance to get it all ready to go. Planning to order 28" x 11" wide rear and 28" x 10" wide fronts tomorrow. ITP Blackwater Evolutions. I'll get a couple more pictures with the tires and winch on when it finally arrives.

I was slightly disappointed in the quality of the door hinges. The front hard doors as sweet, but the rear doors have a sag that cause them to rub on one side of the frame. I let them know I wasn't too excited about that, and they mentioned they had a email into Honda to see what they plan to do to improve the door hinges. The other model they had on the floor also had crappy hinges.

Anyhow, it is a new model so I half expected to find some of these smaller issues. I just hope Honda comes through, and makes a better hinge system worth the $20K+ price that comes with the machine. For the price of a small car, the damn doors should shut and clear the frame!

Anyhow here are some pictures of the machine on the floor. There are two heater vents located on either side of the steering wheel. No vents on the passenger side, but the two I have near the steering wheel are adjustable, so I should be able to direct hot air to the windshield. There are multiple vents that direct heat to the back seats but I didn't take pictures of those today. I forgot. Hopefully they are enough to keep the window thawed out. I can think of a better placement for these vents, but this is what Honda went with so hopefully it works in the cold.

IMG 0506 IMG 0507 IMG 0508 IMG 0510 IMG 0511 IMG 0513 IMG 0514 IMG 0515 IMG 0516 IMG 0518 IMG 0521 IMG 0525

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Lookin good let us know how she performs.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you looked at the air vent location for the heater? Looks like four in dash and two others. I would hope the two are on top and point toward the windshield. Could one of the center in dash vents be mounted under the dash cover so it or they would go directly at ones feet.

They are hard to make out in the pictures, but there is one heater vent on either side of the steering wheel. They are adjustable so heat can be directed up and into the windshield. Wish one would have been closer to the passenger side, or up closer to the windshield but they should work.

Two more are located down by your feet, one for the driver, one for passenger. I didn't flip the seats up to check, but I suspect the last two would be venting into the back seat area.

S

SXS81

Nov 16, 2015
They are hard to make out in the pictures, but there is one heater vent on either side of the steering wheel. They are adjustable so heat can be directed up and into the windshield. Wish one would have been closer to the passenger side, or up closer to the windshield but they should work.

Two more are located down by your feet, one for the driver, one for passenger. I didn't flip the seats up to check, but I suspect the last two would be venting into the back seat area.
Mine are two up top on the dash, two mid dash, and two down by floor.

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Wouldnt a 60 dollar rad with fan that they sell at parts store that mounts under dash keep cab warm and windows clear combined with heat thats coming up from under front seat?

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Wouldnt a 60 dollar rad with fan that they sell at parts store that mounts under dash keep cab warm and windows clear combined with heat thats coming up from under front seat?
What about during the summer months? How would you shut the heat off? I know with my Mustang, I dont need a heater unless i take it out when its below 20 degrees because of the amount of heat from the engine.

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
What about during the summer months? How would you shut the heat off? I know with my Mustang, I dont need a heater unless i take it out when its below 20 degrees because of the amount of heat from the engine.
Engine heat is going to be there is summer and rad wont give off much heat when fan isnt blowing. Might even keep your engine from over heating if yah needed it when main rad gets pkugged with mud.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Engine heat is going to be there is summer and rad wont give off much heat when fan isnt blowing. Might even keep your engine from over heating if yah needed it when main rad gets pkugged with mud.
Puts off a lot more than you think when it's 90F outside.

Reactions: Tabascojunkie
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!