P1000m5 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe with All Weather Package

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Puts off a lot more than you think when it's 90F outside.

Idling at 10-15 mph down the trail, 1st gear: At 2 deg F, the heater on high was keeping it "comfortable", not hot. Might need the hard mid panel. At 20 deg F it warmed up enough the kids were warm.

I'm going to fill in the larger gaps at the back of the soft rear doors to help keep heat in.

The hard mid panel might also cut down the rattling/noises coming from the bed/rear seats. Should help keep dust out of the front as well.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Idling at 10-15 mph down the trail, 1st gear: At 2 deg F, the heater on high was keeping it "comfortable", not hot. Might need the hard mid panel. At 20 deg F it warmed up enough the kids were warm.

I'm going to fill in the larger gaps at the back of the soft rear doors to help keep heat in.

The hard mid panel might also cut down the rattling/noises coming from the bed/rear seats. Should help keep dust out of the front as well.

On the 700 the hard mid panel made the cab louder, but it was worth it too me to be dry and toasty in the winter when I ride the most.

Just to dang hot in the summer to do anything but be in the water.

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Puts off a lot more than you think when it's 90F .
I guess hey well throw couple valves in and some tees have heater on its own side loop for use in winter in summer close it off.

B

Blackstone

Jul 7, 2015

Does anyone know what switch the heater fan uses? Is it a 3 wire or 6 wire?
Thanks,

A

AKFX4

Dec 19, 2015
Eagle River, Alaska
Dealer just called and said my 1000-5 Deluxe with all weather package and accessories have arrived up in Alaska. It's not put together yet, and wont be for another couple of weeks. Said they didn't have installation instructions for the heater yet, so they were waiting on that. I have never spent this much on a toy, so hopefully this one is worth it! $25K is a good chunk of change! and that's without the 4 season tracks! haha

Does anybody have any pictures of the 1000-5 Deluxe with the All Weather Package installed? Hard Doors? Heater, etc.

I'll grab some pictures when I get mine, but wanted to see if anybody else had ordered the hard doors. Lots of money for them and the heater system, but for trapping/riding/playing in Alaska in winter it will be worth it......... I hope.

I saw your Pioneer when I went in to buy my and had to leave it for the winch mount plate to arrive, I bought a deluxe but did not have extra several $K for the all weather package. Loving it though

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Very nice let us know if it gets t-shirt toasty in that sweet cab.

advertisement
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
So, that was your machine in there. They wouldn't let anyone touch it, only peek through the windows. I almost ended up with the floor model as it was the last one not spoken for. Guess some one else backed out, so I ended up with an untouched one. Was that you out at Jim creek just after Christmas? Ran across another 1000-5 the other day out there, just stopped for minute in passing. Don't recall them having hard doors, must not have been you.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, that was your machine in there. They wouldn't let anyone touch it, only peek through the windows. I almost ended up with the floor model as it was the last one not spoken for. Guess some one else backed out, so I ended up with an untouched one. Was that you out at Jim creek just after Christmas? Ran across another 1000-5 the other day out there, just stopped for minute in passing. Don't recall them having hard doors, must not have been you.

Yeah Honda had it on the floor for a couple weeks, waiting on the winch mount.

Not sure if it was me. I went out there a couple times with the family to put a few miles on it, and test things out. We only played around for an hour or so. Found out I need to bring the chainsaw for most trails. These things are tall/wide. I think I hit every laid over alder on one of the skinnier trails. Ducking doesn't help anymore haha

I need to go when your group heads out, especially after you get that lift on! Wife won't like it, but I might order it soon. Sounds like your install has been easier so far, than the other guy who posted on here.

Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Using my piney here in SE LA and SW MS I really can't see I'd need a heater for the heat that comes from the engine but I'm kinda dreading how bad it may get come July/Aug when it's 110 degrees out. might burst into flames

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Using my piney here in SE LA and SW MS I really can't see I'd need a heater for the heat that comes from the engine but I'm kinda dreading how bad it may get come July/Aug when it's 110 degrees out. might burst into flames

Cbff28ca16ebd06105084dfaae7e22c8
In AL, GREAT in wet cold weather, sucks in 115 heat index. Going to make my 1000 windshield fold out at bottom for a breeze.

I think it was @slowdryrider that custom made a fold out glass windshield (along with the rest of a cab system) for his 700

Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cbff28ca16ebd06105084dfaae7e22c8
In AL, GREAT in wet cold weather, sucks in 115 heat index. Going to make my 1000 windshield fold out at bottom for a breeze.

I think it was @slowdryrider that custom made a fold out glass windshield (along with the rest of a cab system) for his 700
Got the hard core 2 PC but think the upper is coming off come summer

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally made it into the Honda dealership to check out the new toy. They are still waiting on the winch mount, so I figured I would let them keep it on the floor until they had a chance to get it all ready to go. Planning to order 28" x 11" wide rear and 28" x 10" wide fronts tomorrow. ITP Blackwater Evolutions. I'll get a couple more pictures with the tires and winch on when it finally arrives.

I was slightly disappointed in the quality of the door hinges. The front hard doors as sweet, but the rear doors have a sag that cause them to rub on one side of the frame. I let them know I wasn't too excited about that, and they mentioned they had a email into Honda to see what they plan to do to improve the door hinges. The other model they had on the floor also had crappy hinges.

Anyhow, it is a new model so I half expected to find some of these smaller issues. I just hope Honda comes through, and makes a better hinge system worth the $20K+ price that comes with the machine. For the price of a small car, the damn doors should shut and clear the frame!

Anyhow here are some pictures of the machine on the floor. There are two heater vents located on either side of the steering wheel. No vents on the passenger side, but the two I have near the steering wheel are adjustable, so I should be able to direct hot air to the windshield. There are multiple vents that direct heat to the back seats but I didn't take pictures of those today. I forgot. Hopefully they are enough to keep the window thawed out. I can think of a better placement for these vents, but this is what Honda went with so hopefully it works in the cold.

View attachment 7828 View attachment 7829 View attachment 7830 View attachment 7831 View attachment 7832 View attachment 7833 View attachment 7834 View attachment 7835 View attachment 7836 View attachment 7837 View attachment 7838 View attachment 7839

So.......I need your opinion. I got one of the first machines off the line, so I knew I would be one of the guinea pigs, and I was OK with that.

When I first picked up the machine, the rear doors wouldn't clear the front door pillars (see pictures in previous post). They ordered "new" pillars and Honda claimed that the company they used to make those pillars used a jig or bending machine that didn't meet specs on the first couple orders. Ok, that's fine, we will deal with it.

I brought the machine in 2 weeks ago, they installed the new pillars, and they still don't fit. Rear doors rub. Now Honda says the Roll cage welding/fitment may have been slightly off, causing the issue. Then they pull out the "I don't have a good answer for you right now, we are waiting on Honda Corporate to get back to us". I am wondering if it could have been bent during shipment or something, who knows. I am just getting a little tired of it at this point. Missed two awesome weekend of riding now.

Thought about asking them to install the rear panel for free after these fitment issues they are running into. Like others, I hadn't even ridden the machine yet, and I found loose roll cage bolts, stripped out screws, loose bumper/winch bolts, etc while just looking over the machine. They also ran my heater hoses so close to the front driveline, they were rubbing bad. Just not quality installation work.

For damn near $30K all said and done, I would expect the doors to close without having to cut into things. I have loved Honda's all my life, but the QC on these early machines may have been lacking. Saw a $12K lifted Jeep the other day, and thought about putting this damn thing on Craigslist.

Do I go in with a bad attitude, and let them know how I really feel? Or do I tell them to notch the pillar so the rear doors clear, and be done with it? Mine seems to be one of the only ones with the issue (not many have the All Weather Package yet).

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So.......I need your opinion. I got one of the first machines off the line, so I knew I would be one of the guinea pigs, and I was OK with that.

When I first picked up the machine, the rear doors wouldn't clear the front door pillars (see pictures in previous post). They ordered "new" pillars and Honda claimed that the company they used to make those pillars used a jig or bending machine that didn't meet specs on the first couple orders. Ok, that's fine, we will deal with it.

I brought the machine in 2 weeks ago, they installed the new pillars, and they still don't fit. Rear doors rub. Now Honda says the Roll cage welding/fitment may have been slightly off, causing the issue. Then they pull out the "I don't have a good answer for you right now, we are waiting on Honda Corporate to get back to us". I am wondering if it could have been bent during shipment or something, who knows. I am just getting a little tired of it at this point. Missed two awesome weekend of riding now.

Thought about asking them to install the rear panel for free after these fitment issues they are running into. Like others, I hadn't even ridden the machine yet, and I found loose roll cage bolts, stripped out screws, loose bumper/winch bolts, etc while just looking over the machine. They also ran my heater hoses so close to the front driveline, they were rubbing bad. Just not quality installation work.

For damn near $30K all said and done, I would expect the doors to close without having to cut into things. I have loved Honda's all my life, but the QC on these early machines may have been lacking. Saw a $12K lifted Jeep the other day, and thought about putting this damn thing on Craigslist.

Do I go in with a bad attitude, and let them know how I really feel? Or do I tell them to notch the pillar so the rear doors clear, and be done with it? Mine seems to be one of the only ones with the issue (not many have the All Weather Package yet).
It the options don't fit they shouldn't get paid. Honda should take the hit. Some of the things you mentioned sound like dealer issues though.

EzeDoesIt

EzeDoesIt

Oct 23, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It the options don't fit they shouldn't get paid. Honda should take the hit. Some of the things you mentioned sound like dealer issues though.
I had my All Weather Package installed in October. I live in Missouri and the weather was getting cooler then. It has been a big disappointment. After the install at the Honda Dealer, the bed would not dump, because it rubbed on the Rear Hard Panel. The passenger window would roll down, but was so hard to roll up that the knob comes off. The doors do not seal, so they gave me a large roll of weather stripping. The bottom of the windshield does not seal where there are dips in the plastic on the dash. Once the cab was on, it made it so loud inside you can not carry on a conversation with the passenger. I had to wear ear plugs. Also, on warmer days, it is so hot that we tried rolling down the windows to get air in to cool it, but it sucks more heat from under the seat and now all the dust comes in the cab from under the seat area. It has been back at the dealers numerous time to try and block the heat and dust. He has tried very hard to correct the issue, but the cab is not designed right. The cab system is open in the front and all the cold air from outside comes into the cab through the dash shift levers, and every other small opening. I have made insulated cutouts to cover the shift levers and have tried to duct tape all seams. I also blocked as many of the opening on the fire wall as I can, but still the cold air rushes into the cab. The cut outs for the shift levers has helped but with the doors not sealing it still is not tight enough for the heater to keep up with the cold air coming in. I went out in a light mist last week. It was cold and I had on a heavy coat, neck-up, gloves, etc... I was hoping the heater could keep the window clear, but you can not direct enough air flow up to the window to keep it clear. I had to turn around and use a rag to wipe the window until I got back to the house. I have called Honda and talked with Eric and Pat (Case Worker). Pat tells me to work with the dealer to get these items corrected. I'm not sure what to do next. Is any one else experiencing these issues?

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had my All Weather Package installed in October. I live in Missouri and the weather was getting cooler then. It has been a big disappointment. After the install at the Honda Dealer, the bed would not dump, because it rubbed on the Rear Hard Panel. The passenger window would roll down, but was so hard to roll up that the knob comes off. The doors do not seal, so they gave me a large roll of weather stripping. The bottom of the windshield does not seal where there are dips in the plastic on the dash. Once the cab was on, it made it so loud inside you can not carry on a conversation with the passenger. I had to wear ear plugs. Also, on warmer days, it is so hot that we tried rolling down the windows to get air in to cool it, but it sucks more heat from under the seat and now all the dust comes in the cab from under the seat area. It has been back at the dealers numerous time to try and block the heat and dust. He has tried very hard to correct the issue, but the cab is not designed right. The cab system is open in the front and all the cold air from outside comes into the cab through the dash shift levers, and every other small opening. I have made insulated cutouts to cover the shift levers and have tried to duct tape all seams. I also blocked as many of the opening on the fire wall as I can, but still the cold air rushes into the cab. he cut outs for the shift levers has helped but with the doors not sealing it still is not tight enough for the heater to keep up with the cold air coming in. I went out in a light mist last week. It was cold and I had on a heavy coat, neck-up, gloves, etc... I was hoping the heater could keep the window clear, but you can not direct enough air flow up to the window to keep it clear. I had to turn around and use a rag to wipe the window until I got back to the house. I have called Honda and talked with Eric and Pat (Case Worker). Pat tells me to work with the dealer to get these items corrected. I'm not sure what to do next. Is any one else experiencing these issues?

I also thought the quality of the All Weather Package (for what I paid), was lacking. There are some gaps that the cold gets through, so we filled them in with foam where we could. The cab is loud, but this is my first SXS. Others say the Honda is much quieter than some of the other options out there. For the shifters, I cut out 2" thick foam and cut slots it in for the shifters. Pushed that into the dash and stopped most of that air. Under the seat (in the summer), I have installed a heat shield liner to keep the heat in the engine bay. In the winter, I may remove the liner to get more heat into the cab. In the summer we would fog up when air/steam came in through the shifters, so I am hopeful next year isn't as bad with the foam inserts.

We took the machine out today in 10 deg F weather, with a 10-15 mph wind. At first, the front windshield started to fog up, but after the engine got warm the engine heat along with the heater kept the cab warm, with windows defrosted. Honda could definitely have put some more thought into the location of the heater vents. There are 2 vents on the driver side that can be aimed upwards to get heat to the windshield, and none on the passenger side. All other vents are down low to keep feet warm. On wet days, I may need to take a small fan to help keep the windshield from fogging up. We went riding with a friend with no cab (Yamaha with half windshield only), and even though there are some air gaps, the Honda kept us much warmer than him so I can't complain too much. In any case, if you are looking at spending $5K (or near that) on the All Weather Package, don't expect an automotive quality finish. It will keep you out of the weather for the most part, but Honda has some improvements to make.

Also, the rear gull wing door mounting brackets to not function properly with the Hard Mid Panel, so I returned them to the Dealer for a full refund. The door bracket/hinge does not allow the panel to open/close correctly, and it also creates another pneumonia hole in the Hard Mid panel.

Lastly, I had originally bought the machine to keep the family warm, and ride all year round. Without any heat behind directed to the rear passengers, this will not work for the Kids/Wife. All of the heater vents are for the front seating, and the soft rear panels had large air gaps, there was no good way to keep the rear seating area warm enough for the kids.

S

Snowpro7

Aug 28, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you order the cold weather package? When I build one it says no options available. I have a 2021 with the soft doors. I would like to see about getting the full hard doors

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!