Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Helminc.com that is the oem for many oem’s.
If you buy an authorized printed manual, chances are they printed it.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Helminc.com that is the oem for many oem’s.
If you buy an authorized printed manual, chances are they printed it.
Here is the info from there website; This manual is a digital reprint of the original publication. It is possible that this item will be in loose-leaf format, if so, a binder will be included. NOTE: "reprint"

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Helm will ship it to you in a nice bound book. The other guy for $50 is either a photocopy of the original helm print, or he scanned his to a pdf and then just prints from pdf, and puts it in a binder. Or, he has an online account for Honda and gets it dir3ctly from there.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Helm will ship it to you in a nice bound book. The other guy for $50 is either a photocopy of the original helm print, or he scanned his to a pdf and then just prints from pdf, and puts it in a binder. Or, he has an online account for Honda and gets it dir3ctly from there.
Hey I ordered the book from what I think is a reputable company, you are bashing them cause it was $50 dollars not $67. So what it is my 50 bucks. nuf said. The book you are referring was what I posted it is a copy!
Helm Incorporated: Shopping Cart

J

JTW

I bought these discount playboys from Pakistan one time.. complete waste of money!! The pages all stuck together, they smelled like rotten cheese and all the ladies hadn’t shaved ANYTHING in a very long time!!

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought these discount playboys from Pakistan one time.. complete waste of money!! The pages all stuck together, they smelled like rotten cheese and all the ladies hadn’t shaved ANYTHING in a very long time!!
Love it, thanks

S

Sparky74

Received my book yesterday. Fully bound soft cover. Looks great and full of good info.

WillyNilly

WillyNilly

Feb 13, 2016
South Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Received my book yesterday. Fully bound soft cover. Looks great and full of good info.

I orderd one from helm with the updated order number and it said that it could be a reprint and would include a binder for pages if necessary. For $60 I figured what the hay. To my surprise it was the soft bound real deal.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I orderd one from helm with the updated order number and it said that it could be a reprint and would include a binder for pages if necessary. For $60 I figured what the hay. To my surprise it was the soft bound real deal.
I have ordered 4 service manuals from Helm for Honda's. They always stipulate they could be in a binder. Every one has come factory bound so far. I wish they did come in binders, makes it so much easier to lay flat and/or copy a page to write on, or bring to the shop to get dirty.

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have ordered 4 service manuals from Helm for Honda's. They always stipulate they could be in a binder. Every one has come factory bound so far. I wish they did come in binders, makes it so much easier to lay flat and/or copy a page to write on, or bring to the shop to get dirty.

I thought about cutting the binding and putting in a binder for these reasons.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought about cutting the binding and putting in a binder for these reasons.
That is exactly what I did. Bought some 7 position Honda binders on ebay, ran my track saw across the binding and never looked back!

Reactions: Mudwing and JTW
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Is a 2016 the same as a 2017?
For the most part - they started updating the clutch covers in 2017, but I think that would be the only difference from a mechanical standpoint. There are a few cosmetic things that were updated over the years: muffler cover/guard, heat "shield" kit, better seat, and a few other small things.

S

scootin

Jan 16, 2020
Chicago
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: TripleB
B

ByeRZR-P1000-5

Aug 18, 2020
WV
New to the forum and to pioneers
Picking up my 2021 P1k5 LE Saturday
I’m actively looking through threads but can someone summarize the upgrades over the years ? Thanks a lot

Also, I couldn’t get the service manual link to work. Where can I find one ?

Trying to find all info/ threads myself but there’s a bunch !
Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!