jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
As a lot of you await the release of the torq locker to give your P5 true 4wd, I'm sure the majority of you are wondering how hard it is to install at what all is involved. Rest assured, it's not that hard of a job! Here is my install vid of the Torq Locker from Torq-Masters Industries.

P.S. I do believe that @JWB is also doing a nice write up of the install as well for Torq Master so, between the two of us, this install should be a piece of cake for you guys to learn how to do!

C

Chooglin

You did a great job with this video @jay_man81

I have a question, was there not any shims for the gears when you took the diff. Apart ? If I recall on @JWB video , there was shims in there.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
You did a great job with this video @jay_man81

I have a question, was there not any shims for the gears when you took the diff. Apart ? If I recall on @JWB video , there was shims in there.
Yeah they are there. The shots that I showed that were all washed out with light coming in the door so I couldn’t use the footage. Didn’t realize that till everything was back together. I’ll do a short update vid with that when I swap out the tester for a heat treated one.

C

Chooglin

Yeah they are there. The shots that I showed that were all washed out with light coming in the door so I couldn’t use the footage. Didn’t realize that till everything was back together. I’ll do a short update vid with that when I swap out the tester for a heat treated one.
Ok thanks

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
P.S. I do believe that @JWB is also doing a nice write up of the install as well for Torq Master so, between the two of us, this install should be a piece of cake for you guys to learn how to do!
That is finished and been submitted. I'll check and see if I can post that as a pdf that everyone can download and read. By the time y'all get your lockers, you'll be able to install it blind-folded!:)

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@jay_man81 , does the number of subscribers and views help you? Hope so, viewed x4 so far!

Reactions: jay_man81
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@jay_man81 , does the number of subscribers and views help you? Hope so, viewed x4 so far!
It helps tremendously! Especially when reaching out to oem’s like Honda and Yamaha to get to go to press releases and,hopefully soon, get sent machines short term to do proper reviews at my place!

Reactions: Ollie
J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Here’s a tip for you guys, use a HD grease on the mating surface of the upper torq locker ratchet to the case. It will help hold the upper portion in place while sliding the top center portion of the assembly onto the lower center portion through the carrier access hole.
A004b2474b942cb59c289f259a5b33dd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: swsebek and WillB
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Recommend following provided instructions to pull 4wd sensor plug off bolt instead of removing bolt, which could twist/damage wire. 10:16 in video.

Reactions: jay_man81
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Recommend following provided instructions to pull 4wd sensor plug off bolt instead of removing bolt, which could twist/damage wire. 10:16 in video.

Agree!!

I didn't realize it just pulled off till I saw JWB's instructions...lol. Much easier that way!

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!