jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I know I haven't had much time to be on the forum recently but things are busy with the new little one, as you can imagine...lol, work, and stuff I'm working on to grow my channel. What's worse is it's been even longer since I got to work on the P5 so I figured it was time to get him in the hillbilly garage for a quick little mod to the exhaust that only cost about $36 and only took about an hour to do.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Nice improvement, Sounds much better with deeper tone. Considering. @jay_man81, What size hole saw LxW if doing a single hole cut out using a wood plug for a pilot bit support? Would need to buy a hole saw. Also do you have a link to the end piece?

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The final hole saw size I used was 2”. A piece of dowl rod in the tail pipe should work great for the pilot bit to drill into and guide the hole saw. Some on else mentioned that same thing in the comments!

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not 100% shure this will work.
I have seen this done but usually there are combinations that don't work.

And, this guy is funny as s***.

I flip it around and use the drill bit as the anchor. For both saws.

Reactions: jay_man81
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not 100% shure this will work.
I have seen this done but usually there are combinations that don't work.

And, this guy is funny as s***.

That guy's great! I don't know what all he does on his channel but I subbed...lol. That's a trick I was actually shown many moons ago when I was working construction and had completely forgotten about till now! Thanks for sharing that @lee. That should actually work quite well on the exhaust I would think.

Reactions: lee
Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
I know I haven't had much time to be on the forum recently but things are busy with the new little one, as you can imagine...lol, work, and stuff I'm working on to grow my channel. What's worse is it's been even longer since I got to work on the P5 so I figured it was time to get him in the hillbilly garage for a quick little mod to the exhaust that only cost about $36 and only took about an hour to do.

Did this mod yesterday. With the hole saw trick Lee put on here, it took maybe 30 minutes. I spent more time working the shield back on. Really REALLY happy with the results. Thanks to Jay_Man and Lee for their posts. Highly recommend.

Oh and I too forgot to put the screen in first time—easily forgoten when you get excited over how everything goes in smooth.

Image Image

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!