Honda pioneer wont take fuel sputters and dies

C

chasekaty

Feb 27, 2014
Has anyone had a problem with the Honda pioneer not wanting to take fuel? Mine was running fine and then all at once it started sputtering and wouldn't take fuel. It would only run about 10 to 12 mph. This pioneer is only about 4 months old it only has 8000 miles on it. Someone please give me some ideal what is wrong with it.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
chasekaty said:
Has anyone had a problem with the Honda pioneer not wanting to take fuel? Mine was running fine and then all at once it started sputtering and wouldn't take fuel. It would only run about 10 to 12 mph. This pioneer is only about 4 months old it only has 8000 miles on it. Someone please give me some ideal what is wrong with it.
i'am not sure what you mean that it won't take fuel. Do you mean that when you step on the gas it doesn't want to go. If that's the case then check your muffler. Some people have been having problems with there mufflers failing and plugging the exhaust flow making the pioneer not wanting to run. I think if you pull the 3 bolts off at the back of the muffler and pull out the spark arrester and try it then. Check out some of the posts about checking your muffler.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
only 8000 miles wow has it been rode 24-7

C

chasekaty

Feb 27, 2014
I'm sorry the pioneer only has 800 miles not 8000

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Sure sounds like yet another muffler gone bad. I wonder what its going to take before Honda does a recall or TSB on the mufflers?

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
So with all this muffler talk I decided I better go pull out my spark arrester and see it's ok. And for now this what mine looks like. I have 120 miles on my pioneer. Hopefully I'm good. Ypu6y5ym

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Everything inside seems ok also. But I think I read that the problem is deeper and can't be seen

advertisement
fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Your Spark arrestor looks normal to me. I agree, the reported issue is an internal baffle support that comes loose further up in the Muffler and then rattles / spins around and eventually hits the spark arrestor- causing it to deform and / or blocking exhaust flow.

C

chasekaty

Feb 27, 2014
I sent my Honda Pioneer right back to the mechanic at the Honda shop, guess what ....it was the muffler. They ordered a new muffler runs like a charm now. I wonder how long it will be before it does it again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!