P500 Honda rear view mirror

M

Mortdog

May 19, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I need a rear view mirror for my p520. Does anyone have Honda line OSV05-HL5-201? It’s the center roll bar mount version. I have tight trails between trees so the side mirrors won’t work for me. I see a lot of cheaper center roll bar mount ones out there. I’m open for good suggestions on part numbers for those too. The Honda one is $90 (ouch) but it’s probably worth it. Reassurance from someone that has one will help me pry open my wallet. Lol

Reactions: Backwoods
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The bar sits more above your head than in front of you in the P5 so none of them are worth a sh** really. Started with a QuadBoss and it sucked. Bought the Honda one, still sucked so I modified it to sit further out and hang lower, still sucks.
You said you couldn't do side mirrors but they really are the way to go on this machine. I've hit my Kolpin's pretty hard against trees and they've always broken away like they're supposed to. FWIW

M

Mortdog

May 19, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
The bar sits more above your head than in front of you in the P5 so none of them are worth a sh** really. Started with a QuadBoss and it sucked. Bought the Honda one, still sucked so I modified it to sit further out and hang lower, still sucks.
You said you couldn't do side mirrors but they really are the way to go on this machine. I've hit my Kolpin's pretty hard against trees and they've always broken away like they're supposed to. FWIW

reading the installation instructions online for the Honda one. it looks like it has the quality clamp like their other accessories and a long bracket that drops it down to the correct height. Did yours have that and it still sucked? Or is this a new design?

dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
The Honda one only hangs down about 4 inches and it still sits too high up, you can extend it with a piece of flat steel, even then its just not right

Reactions: trigger
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
BUY SEIZMK SIDE MIRRORS ! They work great AND THEY HAVE A REAL LIFETIME GUARANTEE ! Experience talking ! I broke one by hitting a tree with it and I told them exactly what I did when I emailed them to BUY a replacement . Their response was "No worries Bob , our guarantee is good even when your talent isn't " . LOL true story and they sent me a new mirror , no charge , in a few days .

T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I have one to get rid of. A few scratches but ok.
C9B40CE2 8E4E 467E 818F 3474BA06369A

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I have that exact mirror. Mirror is fine, location not so much. Only bought it because my side mirrors get covered in mud very quickly and are then useless.
You are right. The quality of the mirror is good. I just could not see anything out of it. Maybe if I cut back on the beer, I could try it again.🥴

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Honda mirror and love it. I find it works great for me.. I can see everything behind me with a quick glance. For reference I am 5’ 8”. Someone taller who has a roof installed... may need a longer extension arm to lower the mirror.

5FC8FD8F 027B 42C8 A569 146BAD158CC7

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I have a Maverick RV mirror that I bought on eBay in 2016. As others have mentioned about bar location, and how side mirrors are the best option (which I fully agree). I first mounted my Maverick on a clamp to the roll bar, then I mounted it a little farther forward through the roof. Since I added the SxS windshield, I mounted it through the windshield above the glass, which it's now finally far enough forward to be able to glance up without wrenching your neck.
BTW, I really only rely on it when backing the P5 out of my enclosed trailer since the outside mirrors are pulled in.
Hon Mirror1
First mirror location off roll bar
Sxswindshield13
Mounted on the windshield you can see how much farther forward it puts the mirror.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I cannot speak for the installation part of the mirror, for I bought my P5 at a year old and the Honda Line mirror was already installed.

As for function- yes, it sits higher than the re-view mirror in your car or truck, but with it being the "fish-eye" type, a quick glance at the mirror pretty much shows you all that is behind me. My only complaint is that being 6'-1", if I lean forward and to the passenger side for anything, I always crack my head on the mirror. I've tried pushing the mirror mount forward and up to avoid that, but in that position it catches too much of the Honda Line fabric roof and blocks the view you get rearward.

So, I do not have experience with any other brand of mirror, but based on the quality of the mount, I would probably buy the Honda Line again if needed.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Honda mirror and like that wide concave vision you get from them, the down side is I have the ROP bags behind the headrest and they hang down and take away a bit of vision but so does the Honda rear box as they are very large.

L

LeeB

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
NM
Ownership

1. 500
I put a old boat mirror, like to watch tubers with, and it worked, until I block the back with “stuff” like a storage box above the rear basket, so now using the side mirrors and don’t tighten so much they can’t be pushed back by those mirror grabbing trees. Works fine and besides, it’s stuff on the sides I’m concerned with when backing up. A thought for consideration.

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I installed the Koplin side mirrors last evening. They seem sturdy enough; but time will tell. I am concerned about added width when I'm squeezing between trees. However, I'm also concerned about backing up my 520 with no mirrors, especially in my crowded garage.

M

model71

Feb 18, 2021
Thunder Bay
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the kolpin package , 2 side mirrors and rear view, very happy with them.
Rear view is good, bit high but no vibration, good wide view.
Side mirrors, bit time consuming to get angle right, but work well, odd 2 piece mirror, but that was just getting used to it.
Price was right also.

D

Docwilles

Sep 30, 2020
McGill Nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the Kolpin rear view and it is great in my opinion, no vibration or regular adjustments necessary. I would agree it is a little high but the con cavity of the glass makes it just fine And up out of the line of sight of my windshiel.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!