P500 Camera verses outside rearview mirror

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Considering installing a rearview camera and hardwire to a monitor inside my 520. The outside rearview mirrors get in the way on the trails. Any insight on good cameras
1st. Welcom from central upstate N.Y. Many good people on the Honda forum AND they LIKE PICTURES.
Lets proceed to helping you spend$$$.
Online search is best ( so many to chose from under $100 & UP ) Pick the options that suit your wants & needs.
Reckomend <> Ft. & Rear View <> 4in. Screen minimum. <> Bettrr seen at a glance while driving.

P520 & P500
Hard wired with <> Still picture or Video capabilities <> SD Card storage <> Front & Rear Camera View ( full screen Ft. or Rear / Split screen with Ft. & Rear at same time ) leave on rear view most of the time on Honda.

Camera is Poratble & installl in my tow vehicle ( Ft. view ) when not using in P 5's <> have some interesting video on the SD Card from both Honda & tow vehicle.

Picture is of Rear Camera Iens ( on Right wih anti glare shield )

20200725 124557

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Considering installing a rearview camera and hardwire to a monitor inside my 520. The outside rearview mirrors get in the way on the trails. Any insight on good cameras
Welcome Fellow Michigander! Watch out for Big Gretch and Nessel the drunk!

cant help u with a camera, but I can help u with fulfilling your forum duty's. Thats Pics! 6 post and no pics of the rug yet! Rule#4…
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
for what its worth, I spent about $60 on amazon for a wired camera, the wire from the monitor is run along the roll bar to the camera - this powers the camera. used keyed 12v and a rocker switch to turn monitor on/off, but it stays on whenever the key is on.

works well, works at nite, etc... camera itself is waterproof, I cover the monitor with aluminum foil if im going to get outta control with washing, it also can be removed quickly with the mounting thumb screws, but im lazy about it

IMG 6085
IMG 8481
IMG 8483

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I run both sides mirrors as well as a rearview cam on mine. I use both and wouldn't want one without the other; both are useful.

The camera is s a touch laggy, which I attribute to the wireless transmission, but it's serviceable, and the price was right.

I'd take pictures of it tonight, but I had to order a new mount for it after my little bastard of a nephew broke it off after slamming his clumsy ass down into the seat.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
for what its worth, I spent about $60 on amazon for a wired camera, the wire from the monitor is run along the roll bar to the camera - this powers the camera. used keyed 12v and a rocker switch to turn monitor on/off, but it stays on whenever the key is on.

works well, works at nite, etc... camera itself is waterproof, I cover the monitor with aluminum foil if im going to get outta control with washing, it also can be removed quickly with the mounting thumb screws, but im lazy about it

View attachment 365252View attachment 365253View attachment 365254
Is that one of a kind pink Talon? 🤔

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I thought the first rule of Italian driving was, " Whats behind me doesn't matter"

The camera thing seems like a viable solution for some, but not for anyone that wants to be street legal, you still would need mirrors on at least the drivers side.

B

bowhunterbaker

Oct 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
Welcome Fellow Michigander! Watch out for Big Gretch and Nessel the drunk!

cant help u with a camera, but I can help u with fulfilling your forum duty's. Thats Pics! 6 post and no pics of the rug yet! Rule#4…
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

I run both sides mirrors as well as a rearview cam on mine. I use both and wouldn't want one without the other; both are useful.

The camera is s a touch laggy, which I attribute to the wireless transmission, but it's serviceable, and the price was right.

I'd take pictures of it tonight, but I had to order a new mount for it after my little bastard of a nephew broke it off after slamming his clumsy ass down into the seat.
Thanks for the information. I'm going to hard wire a camera which I hope eliminates the lag. The outside rearview mirrors don't work due to the tight trails and doors on my 520.
I'll post pics when completed.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm in Grand Blanc, Michigan and the pics are in the Manistee National Forrest where we hunt.
Nice! GB aint too far from me. Im In Stockbridge just south of Lansing.
Your hunting just north of my father in laws old place near White Cloud. I hunted there a few times. Too many Ridge runners in that area for me.

B

bowhunterbaker

Oct 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
Nice! GB aint too far from me. Im In Stockbridge just south of Lansing.
Your hunting just north of my father in laws old place near White Cloud. I hunted there a few times. Too many Ridge runners in that area for me.
I seek out the flat land to hunt.:) Retired and slowing a little. That's why i got 520, just right for what I need.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I seek out the flat land to hunt.:) Retired and slowing a little. That's why i got 520, just right for what I need.
You can also try a blind spot mirror that uses a band clamp to put on the ROPS. It wont stick out at all to catch on anything. I did that to my old P5 when Id go down our 50” trails cuz there tight

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!