P500 Camera verses outside rearview mirror

B

bowhunterbaker

Oct 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks but I'm going to try the hardwired camera. I post pics and give some feedback on how it works.

Reactions: Remington
B

bowhunterbaker

Oct 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
for what its worth, I spent about $60 on amazon for a wired camera, the wire from the monitor is run along the roll bar to the camera - this powers the camera. used keyed 12v and a rocker switch to turn monitor on/off, but it stays on whenever the key is on.

works well, works at nite, etc... camera itself is waterproof, I cover the monitor with aluminum foil if im going to get outta control with washing, it also can be removed quickly with the mounting thumb screws, but im lazy about it

View attachment 365252View attachment 365253View attachment 365254
Can you forward a link to the camera?
Thanks

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks but I'm going to try the hardwired camera. I post pics and give some feedback on how it works.
after posting a smart a$$ reply i have given it more thought and not a bad idea. Mirrors don't last long so a camera if you can keep the lens clean might work. Only other issue in 500/520 is general lack of room for mounting accessories.

look forward to seeing the pictures.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!