Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Question, do you go on the rzrfourums,net and constantly post about your Pioneer and how they need to look at it so the know how to build a machine that doesn't go through bushings and bearings every 1500 miles?
No, I just drive by them in the woods broke down. If you ride aggressively, the weakest link in the P1 is the A arm's and connecting points and shock's , you up grade A arms and shocks the next thing to go is your A arm mounts and so on. I have came to terms with our P1, it's no high speed thrasher, so where will the Talon fall in line, will it be a bruiser or ???????????????? If it beats out said competitor, I'll have one!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I have to defend their push mowers. We have a HRX217. I have never used a smoother rolling , more comfortable mower in my life. I had a high end commercial toro, and it doesn't hold a flame to the Honda. I am impressed with the engineering time spent on airflow of the deck. This is the first mower I have ever seen that packs the grass catcher fully. Most won't put more in the bag after 2/3rds full. This thing just packs more and more clippings in it.
Yea, I remember when I was starting to mow the yard, parents bought a Honda because they were one of the first to have the blade that stopped when you released a handle.... that thing ran for close to 25 years and I bet it would have gone longer if we had changed the oil regularly. :eek:

I have a Honda that is a good 15 years old and still starts first pull 90% of the time... I just keep putting gas in it don’t even change the gas out in the off season and use the ethanol stuff ... the mowers and the generator I have are why I even looked at the Pioneer

H

HondaTech

This sh*t just kills me. Seriously... Is this real, or a joke? If it's real, I'm completely flabbergasted! They've spent the time, money, staff, and parts, and made the effort to get through 6000 layers of bureaucracy to get approval to do something like this Ridgeline thing, and even more incredibly, a 130 m.p.h. lawnmower, but the new P500's get a couple new colors, and still no 50" machine to compete with anyone???... do they all smoke crack every morning? W T F ?!?! I'm starting to think this company hates winning... well, aside from the lawnmower.....:mad::rolleyes:..
I would love to have heard the meeting that got the approval for allocating the funds to build a 130 mph lawnmower.... "So, you want us to spend money to build the fastest lawnmower?" "Do you think that'll improve our lawnmower sales?" "Probably not, but it's really cool" " Sounds good, let's do it!" "So what about the Pioneer line, and our marine engines?" "Well we've gone all out on those product lines, and have some really exciting stuff!" "Really!?" "You bet- we did a huge market study, spent a lot of money y'know, and found out that all we needed to crush the competition is more colors!" "That's it!?!" "I know, right!?" "So, we added White to our flagship outboards, and two new colors to the Pioneer lines!!" "Wow, you guys knocked it outta the park!" "The competition is getting caught flat-footed this time!" "We're going to put in for substantial bonuses for the whole team"! "Outstanding work everyone!......." "Now let's go smoke some more crack, and just sit back and enjoy our sky-rocketing sales"!!
The Talon's gonna have to be insanely outstanding for Honda to pull anyone away from the competition, or even be more than a blip in the market radar...

You forget that Honda cars and powersports divisions are two separate entities. Obviously they talk (based on this for sure) but the automotive guys are given a lot more leeway. Our old sales rep explained how hard it is to get the Japanese to let them spend money to make something like a sport SXS. They don't see the use of them and that a market exist.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This sh*t just kills me. Seriously... Is this real, or a joke? If it's real, I'm completely flabbergasted! They've spent the time, money, staff, and parts, and made the effort to get through 6000 layers of bureaucracy to get approval to do something like this Ridgeline thing, and even more incredibly, a 130 m.p.h. lawnmower, but the new P500's get a couple new colors, and still no 50" machine to compete with anyone???... do they all smoke crack every morning? W T F ?!?! I'm starting to think this company hates winning... well, aside from the lawnmower.....:mad::rolleyes:..
I would love to have heard the meeting that got the approval for allocating the funds to build a 130 mph lawnmower.... "So, you want us to spend money to build the fastest lawnmower?" "Do you think that'll improve our lawnmower sales?" "Probably not, but it's really cool" " Sounds good, let's do it!" "So what about the Pioneer line, and our marine engines?" "Well we've gone all out on those product lines, and have some really exciting stuff!" "Really!?" "You bet- we did a huge market study, spent a lot of money y'know, and found out that all we needed to crush the competition is more colors!" "That's it!?!" "I know, right!?" "So, we added White to our flagship outboards, and two new colors to the Pioneer lines!!" "Wow, you guys knocked it outta the park!" "The competition is getting caught flat-footed this time!" "We're going to put in for substantial bonuses for the whole team"! "Outstanding work everyone!......." "Now let's go smoke some more crack, and just sit back and enjoy our sky-rocketing sales"!!
The Talon's gonna have to be insanely outstanding for Honda to pull anyone away from the competition, or even be more than a blip in the market radar...

I can't argue with that. 130 mph lawnmower and $184,000 superbikes. But we get utility machines 10 years into the UTV market segment.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Its possible Honda may have a future Jeep like vehicle. Honda has a 3 cylinder 1,000cc turbo car engine and they could have a light weight high end side by side with that engine. I like their flat 4 1,000cc engine better and it could have twin turbo's. Honda will have several models of Pioneer and sport models but its going to be a few years to have enough models to go after Polaris. The 2 Sport models will be good according to my dealer but he feels the price will be very important. A few dealers got to see and sit in the new models but no pictures of spec's.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
You forget that Honda cars and powersports divisions are two separate entities. Obviously they talk (based on this for sure) but the automotive guys are given a lot more leeway. Our old sales rep explained how hard it is to get the Japanese to let them spend money to make something like a sport SXS. They don't see the use of them and that a market exist.
Yup, heard it from my rep many times. The Japanese think we're idiots. They absolutely do not understand Americans, or particularly what we want. I was told it was a major battle just to get Honda to make 'repair kits'. They could not grasp the concept of putting all the needed parts to repair a water pump (for instance) in one box. For some reason, they seemingly choose to ignore cost in time it takes to look up, or inventory 15 separate pieces vs, one box with all the pieces in it to do the job. Yamaha is much the same way in that respect. It took literally years for Honda to get that simple (to us) and logical move accomplished, but they still don't get it. If I order a carb kit, quite often it will include all the screws (that never need replacing) for a carb, but no intake or air box gaskets. Some carbs have fuel pumps built into them- a carb kit will not include any of the parts in the kit for the fuel pump. Crazy. Another example is their V-6 outboard gearcase. They have a known issue of being difficult to shift out of gear when a higher than average pitch prop is installed. They've had the issue since they started producing the V-6 platform- many years.. The fix is truly a simple change that Honda refuses to make. Period. Same issue to this day, and we've lost customers over it, because who's going to believe that the $20,000 (plus) outboard they just bought should take two hands to pull out of gear?
Enough ranting.
Cheers!:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just wait until the Talon comes out in it's second year! Can you get a 40 foot toy hauler!
I’ve never said what Sport we will have the following year. I love Honda and have had a bunch but I’ve learned something with the Wolverine.
The Talon has to prove to me it’s price per mile including original cost, maintenance and repairs is on par with the Yxz. That’s why we always bought Honda bikes,cheap to own and take abuse. Sport models break more then others and I’m not gunna be kitty footing on dirt roads and dunes it’s whole life.
If Honda builds one as a 60” like we think that’s a HUGE bonus though for me. Quality has to come up though both assembling and testing. Maybe suits and ties need to be shed and replaced with some rock smashing/tree splitting/good times.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’ve never said what Sport we will have the following year. I love Honda and have had a bunch but I’ve learned something with the Wolverine.
The Talon has to prove to me it’s price per mile including original cost, maintenance and repairs is on par with the Yxz. That’s why we always bought Honda bikes,cheap to own and take abuse. Sport models break more then others and I’m not gunna be kitty footing on dirt roads and dunes it’s whole life.
If Honda builds one as a 60” like we think that’s a HUGE bonus though for me. Quality has to come up though both assembling and testing. Maybe suits and ties need to be shed and replaced with some rock smashing/tree splitting/good times.
Just don't mention Tex! HA!

TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't argue with that. 130 mph lawnmower and $184,000 superbikes. But we get utility machines 10 years into the UTV market segment.

That’s why I bought my Honda. It’s no speed demon, but, she always gets me to the top of the mountain and back to camp!
Thought about putting “Polaris Taxi” on the side of mine. I’ve pulled back my brother twice and two of my buddies.. They also drive like jackasses...

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

Ive "heard" Honda has stepped up quality control and production capabilities a lot for the Talon. The way they assemble components, including welding frames and even the painting process has been changed for the better. Ive got high hopes for this thing but price will be a biggie, but I didn't think people would every spend $20k on any SXS let alone a P1K LE.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
If I do get a Textron, I'll be keeping Rooster, the P1-5 is like no other machine in maneuverability in the tight woods for a 5 seater, you happy? HA!

LOL! How many consecutive posts are you up to with the word Textron???

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ive "heard" Honda has stepped up quality control and production capabilities a lot for the Talon. The way they assemble components, including welding frames and even the painting process has been changed for the better. Ive got high hopes for this thing but price will be a biggie, but I didn't think people would every spend $20k on any SXS let alone a P1K LE.

I hope it's true and that quality bleeds back into the other models.

Reactions: BWAF and Smitty335
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like a semi futurist truck. Something just isn't right about it. Long and low. Maybe 'cause it's not green with laser cannons?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!