Honda talon 1000r won’t start

M

Mross20

May 15, 2022
Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
I recently installed a new sounds system on the talon. Before I started I disconnected the battery and began install. I have a 12 inch underseat subwoofer to put in which required me to move the ecu and eps module I did have to unplug them to relocate. Everything went well and hooked everything back up and now it won’t start. Checked all grounds and fuses everything is good. It sounds normal when the key is turned on. Fuel pump starts up fine. But when I crank and just won’t fire. I’ve checked plugs and coils and I’m not getting any spark at all. I hooked up a power vision 3 tuner to check for codes and there is none. But I noticed the oil temperature is reading 250 degrees f with it cold. I’ve tried everything and checked all connections. Some help from some experts would be appreciated! I am baffled lol. Please help! Notta clue what the heck happened lol

M

Mross20

May 15, 2022
Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
I recently installed a new sounds system on the talon. Before I started I disconnected the battery and began install. I have a 12 inch underseat subwoofer to put in which required me to move the ecu and eps module I did have to unplug them to relocate. Everything went well and hooked everything back up and now it won’t start. Checked all grounds and fuses everything is good. It sounds normal when the key is turned on. Fuel pump starts up fine. But when I crank and just won’t fire. I’ve checked plugs and coils and I’m not getting any spark at all. I hooked up a power vision 3 tuner to check for codes and there is none. But I noticed the oil temperature is reading 250 degrees f with it cold. I’ve tried everything and checked all connections. Some help from some experts would be appreciated! I am baffled lol. Please help! Notta clue what the heck happened lol
Possibly bent a pin in one of the connections?
I’ve checked all the pins they look fine I even sprayed contact cleaner to make sure I was getting good connection and the dash is normal.

M

Mross20

May 15, 2022
Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ok. Do you know if there’s a rollover switch in one of the modules that’s tripped keeping it from starting? I’ve tried laying them back flat the way they were as well but still no luck
You'll have to upload it to Youtube and paste the link here, you can't upload directly.

M

Mross20

May 15, 2022
Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ok. Do you know if there’s a rollover switch in one of the modules that’s tripped keeping it from starting? I’ve tried laying them back flat the way they were as well but still no luck

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Any chance you pinch the harness or a wire? The oil temp reading 250f is a clue, in my mind that means that circuit is grounded out somehow.

Curious though, where are you seeing this? The cluster doesn't display oil temp.....PV3 I'm guessing

Reactions: Squeegee
M

Mross20

May 15, 2022
Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
Any chance you pinch the harness or a wire? The oil temp reading 250f is a clue, in my mind that means that circuit is grounded out somehow.

Curious though, where are you seeing this? The cluster doesn't display oil temp.....PV3 I'm guessing
Yes pv3 and I’ve been looking all over for a wire can’t find one

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Maybe that's a dead end, I don't think there's a temp sensor for the oil, @HondaTech would know

Reactions: CID and Squeegee
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Have you checked to see if you have 12v at the coils? Might be as simple as a fuse?

M

Mross20

May 15, 2022
Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
I haven’t checked for power at the coil packs but I ohm them out they read good I’ve checked all fuses there all good and I took both plugs out of the motor and hooked them up with them touching the motor and I’m getting no spark I’ve also put them in and cranked it a lot then immediately took them back out and there bone dry I don’t think the injectors are firing ether. Also can’t smell any fuel. Fuel pump runs normally after turning the key on. And it has gas in it

H

HondaTech

Maybe that's a dead end, I don't think there's a temp sensor for the oil, @HondaTech would know
There is a oil temp sensor, the engine uses it to illuminate the clutch light and also verifies oil temp before itll complete a clutch relearn.

Reactions: 906UP
M

Mross20

May 15, 2022
Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welp I found the solution. The crankshaft position sensor wire wasn’t making connection to the ecu at the connector at the ecu. The wire came out just enough to where I couldn’t see it but I pulled on it and it came out of the connector. Would’ve been a much easier fix if it would’ve given me a code but it didn’t. Trash ass connectors lol. Anyway thanks for the help guys!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welp I found the solution. The crankshaft position sensor wire wasn’t making connection to the ecu at the connector at the ecu. The wire came out just enough to where I couldn’t see it but I pulled on it and it came out of the connector. Would’ve been a much easier fix if it would’ve given me a code but it didn’t. Trash ass connectors lol. Anyway thanks for the help guys!
Glad it wasn't anything huge and expensive.
Do u have any pics of your rig?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!