• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Talon HONDA TALON - OFFICIAL PICTURES!

Discussion in 'Talon 1000 Photo's and Video's' started by Hondasxs, Nov 26, 2018.

1. JACKAL

JACKAL Adapto-fit Hillbilly Engineer
    Moderator Lifetime Member Supporting Member Club Contributor

Ownership:
    500, 1000-5
    100Acre, Tigermark, joeymt33 and 3 others like this.
  2. Zmorris83

Zmorris83 Active Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Someone claimed to be an expert. Where are the moderators to shut him down for wrong think??? Oh, wait, he's part of the popular crowd here in high school.

I was trying to be funny with the Yamaha fanboy dig. You obviously have a P500 for your profile pic. I can see how it looked like I was serious instead of just giving you a hard time. With that being said, you made a whole myriad of false assumptions about me but I haven't met the required minimum forum posts to defend myself without censorship and permanent ban threats.

BUUUTTTTT,

I'll see if I can walk on egg shells here: I personally think I-4WD is garbage (can I say that without getting threats?). Compared to mechanical devices, electronics are a lot more susceptible to the elements and degradation in general on top of the extra mechanical problems that you stated that certainly could arise. That is the single solitary reason why I own a Deluxe and not a LE. I wanted highly reliable, fully locked diffs. The same reasoning is why I trust my 86 mechanical diesel over my new common rail electronic diesel or my 03 electronic over mechanical diesel.

Mechanical more expensive that electronics? Highly, highly doubtful but maybe I'm just dead wrong. I don't know. Still doubt it.

I am still at a complete loss what relevance a high end sport SXS has with any 50" SXS. To me it's like expecting a new sports car to be a boat.

Everything I've said is probably wrong. I'm only at like 30 posts, what could I possibly know? Anything that I've said that appears to disagree with the popular consensus on this forum is a typo. I agree with everything that everyone says. Y'all are all far superior to me.

100Acre, JWB, JACKAL and 3 others like this.
  3. Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors Executive Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    1000-3

Meh...just hang around a bit you'll be fine. People haven't been this fired up since the election, and they all just spent the weekend with inlaws so they probably need to vent a little. Sometimes we (myself included) start to take things too seriously.

I totally disagree with you on the I4wd but thats ok. Come to the takeover event the first weekend in May and I'll let you try mine out. Or just come and have fun its a great time.

Funny how the picture thread turned into b****ing about the I4wd.

FWIW I hope you'll find this forum to be different than the rest. Lots of good folks on here that I've been able to meet and ride with and now call friends.

trigger, 100Acre, sharp and 9 others like this.
  4. Zmorris83

Zmorris83 Active Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    I appreciate it bud! I'm sticking around; haters are nothing new to me. I know there are a lot of good people here. I've been lurking around way before I ever joined.

May sounds excellent! I'm definitely in! I'm always ready to ride. I've already put 3000 miles on mine in 4 months.

I've seen the I-4wd system work excellent first hand. Calling it garbage was hyperbole and trolling the haters. I like a lot of the benefits of it. I do see some disadvantages for hard core rock crawling or mudding, two things I have zero interest in, so it's probably the better system for what I do. I just do not like the idea of unnecessary electronics. I am biased in favor of mechanical.

100Acre, sharp, Mudwing and 1 other person like this.
  5. Cuoutdoors

Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    1000-3
    s*** I'm jealous I haven't been able to put that many miles on in 2 years! I'll have to ride in Texas sometime. You'll have to hit up @Tramguage1 he's down around San Antone and a great guy to ride with. He is also coming to the ride in May.

100Acre and sharp like this.
  6. Zmorris83

Zmorris83 Active Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    San Antonio is about 10 hours away from me. There are 5 or 6 states closer to me lol.

There is a clause in Texas law that excludes the Pioneer from being an ATV or UTV so I ride mine all around the county on top of taking it everywhere I can find to ride.

100Acre, sharp and ohanacreek like this.
  7. JWB

JWB Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    Point taken- I hope I am completely wrong!

100Acre, Mudwing and sharp like this.
  8. JACKAL

JACKAL Adapto-fit Hillbilly Engineer
    Moderator Lifetime Member Supporting Member Club Contributor

Ownership:
    500, 1000-5
    100Acre, Mudwing, sharp and 1 other person like this.
  9. Cuoutdoors

Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    1000-3
    Dont you live in Texas? Lol It is the only place I've been that you can drive-in one direction all day and still be in the same damn state. I flew into McAllen and I swear it took 3 days to make Oklahoma.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sharp likes this.
  10. JWB

JWB Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    Not offended at all! @JACKAL took me to task on the I-4wd thing- and as stated- hope I'm completely wrong! I - like you- don't trust the brake grabby thing at all, and simply won't buy a machine with it. I'm never a fan of added electronic complexity- especially when it is likely to get submerged. It seems you and I are on exactly the same page.:)

joeymt33, Mudwing, Zmorris83 and 3 others like this.
  11. JWB

JWB Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    Y'know...... if we can't stir up a little sh*t now and then....What fun would it be??:D

Mudwing and sharp like this.
  12. Zmorris83

Zmorris83 Active Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Yes I do. My property line is on the Red River. The border between OK and Texas. I'm only about 2 hours from LA or AR. Takes about the same time to get to Pennsylvania as it does to get to El Paso.

sharp and Cuoutdoors like this.
  13. Zmorris83

Zmorris83 Active Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    He sounds like a moron. All the mysticism about torque??? A twin makes more torque, but it simultaneously acts like a big single??? Nah bud, that's nonsense. He's obviously lost about the engineering behind this engine family. It fires at 270 and 450 (or 360 and 540 depending on cylinder reverence); nothing like a single. Nothing like a flat plane or a shared pin 360 crank. Polaris does make a twin that fires 720 as a big single though.

Honda, like always, will have a ridiculously broad powerband, similar to the 450 builds that make a few less hp than the Yamaha but make that power from 8k to the 11.5k rev limiter. A few thousand RPM range not just a few hundred RPM like the Yamaha and Suzuki.

14. snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky Village Idiot
    Lifetime Member Supporting Member

Ownership:
    1000-5, Other Brand
    chadbo, JACKAL and sharp like this.
  15. Zmorris83

Zmorris83 Active Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Yes it does! Like a RC51 or any 90 v-twin basically.

I'm torn between ported head, 12.5 to 14 compression, a big cam, E85 and IGR (which would sound wicked) or the far more simple turbo. My brother owns a pro shop and has a ton of porting experience with the Unicam heads so I wouldn't be going in blind. I really need a spare motor to get specs off of. It may be possible to use an existing, off the shelf piston and have big bore & high comp. We did this with the 06+ 450 top end on the 05- bottom for a 14:1 469 using virtually all stock parts.

snuffnwhisky, sharp and 100Acre like this.
  16. 100Acre

100Acre Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
    Lifetime Member Supporting Member Club Contributor

Ownership:
    500, 1000-5
    sharp likes this.
  17. 100Acre

Ownership:
    500, 1000-5
  18. 100Acre

Ownership:
    500, 1000-5
    Zmorris83, ohanacreek and sharp like this.
  19. 100Acre

Ownership:
    500, 1000-5
    Zmorris83, Mudwing and sharp like this.
  20. CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher The woods made me do it,yet again!

Ownership:
    1000-5, Other Brand
    BWAF, sharp and Choogsbro like this.