BOX1

Talon HONDA TALON - OFFICIAL PICTURES!

Z

Zmorris83

Same sage advice everyone gave to me when shopping for a safe. I miss my old CUCV M1008. And new ford is like an alien spaceship nowadays...
My 86 has the IDI Detroit that was in your CUCV. I love it. The only electrics are the starter, glow plugs and the kill solenoid. It doesn't love pulling a loaded toy hauler on the highway, but I've got it turned up enough that it barely will. That magical torque pulling "power" sure doesn't materialize in the real world, but it gets excellent mileage on black diesel. Pretty dramatic difference between that truck and my new Denali Dually Duramax that has all kinds of gadgets, screens and electronics for everything. (And almost 3x the HP)

Last edited by a moderator:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My 86 has the IDI Detroit that was in your CUCV. I love it. The only electrics are the starter, glow plugs and the kill solenoid. It doesn't love pulling a loaded toy hauler on the highway, but I've got it turned up enough that it barely will. That magical torque pulling "power" sure doesn't materialize in the real world, but it gets excellent mileage on black diesel. Pretty dramatic difference between that truck and my new Denali Dually Duramax that has all kinds of gadgets, screens and electronics for everything.
What are glow plugs? Lol

Z

Zmorris83

I guess you didn’t get my humor. We’re a Cummins family, no glow plugs here.
Yeah, yeah, the intake heater, haha. I got sidetracked seizing the opportunity to troll the haters. I never realized the pickups never had glow plugs. I wonder if any of those tractor motors ever had glow plugs?

I had to look it up to even know if my new truck still has glow plugs or a heater. It hasn't been cold enough since I bought it for glow plugs to come on. The old Detroit is a completely different story. It WILL NOT start without the glow plugs. Not even when it was 116 over the summer. Wait for the plugs and it starts with even the slightest bump of the key; even on 90% WMO/Black Diesel.

Last edited by a moderator:
RampageRhino

RampageRhino

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2017
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon x4
All the pricing of the talons accessories are up on there website

Screenshot 20181201 223831 Chrome Screenshot 20181201 223836 Chrome Screenshot 20181201 223841 Chrome Screenshot 20181201 223848 Chrome Screenshot 20181201 223853 Chrome

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!