BOX1

Talon Honda Talon Parts Fish Now Available!!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Parts

2019 Honda Talon 1000 Parts Diagrams now available for the picking.
Haven't looked into engine differences. Please post any you find interesting!

R --> 2019 HONDA PIONEER 1000 (SXS1000S2R A) OEM PARTS

X --> 2019 HONDA PIONEER 1000 (SXS1000S2X A) OEM PARTS

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What do I half to put on mine for 104 hp or can we just flash it ?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
H

HondaTech

The issue with swapping any parts over would be the lack of oil squirter provision like the Talon has. Obviously Honda thought it was needed and the P1K has no way to add that improvement.

The cam and stuff should be easy, I've heard of some guys swapping AT cans over and I'm sure it's pretty similar.

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
So, I go to the link, and it says Pioneer 1000 but looking at the parts they are not p1k parts.
The center 3 didgets of the part number are HL4 for the p1k.
Link takes me to parts that are HL6, must be Talon.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have a secret part number decoder?
We know HL4 are parts designed and developed for the Pioneer 1000.
Thanks to @lee sharing above, HL6 is designed for the Talon.
I've found some stuff on the internet, but it will either list automotive or powersports. And the info appears to be 10 years out of date.

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
IDK man. Must be your computer. The work fine for me.
Looks like a labeling thing. If I open the individual pages they are Talon parts but website is labeled Pioneer.

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
6th gear is a different part number but same ratio according to the service manual.
HondaTech what bad could happen if spacers or different offset wheels were put on the front of a R and used the rack and pinion from a X in attempt to get more turning radius?

H

HondaTech

HondaTech what bad could happen if spacers or different offset wheels were put on the front of a R and used the rack and pinion from a X in attempt to get more turning radius?

You most likely need to change the A-arms and front shocks due to the track width being narrower on the X. I dont believe the steering box is the reason for the smaller turning radius. It's all the extra width.

You'd pretty much loose everything the R gets you. Just buy the X if the turning radius is that much of a deal breaker.

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You most likely need to change the A-arms and front shocks due to the track width being narrower on the X. I dont believe the steering box is the reason for the smaller turning radius. It's all the extra width.

You'd pretty much loose everything the R gets you. Just buy the X if the turning radius is that much of a deal breaker.
I'm thinking that gear and steering box are different since the box and gear are different part numbers. It's hard to believe that 4" extra width is going to make 3.6' more turning radius .

Too late for me to get a X, I picked up a R last weekend.

Reactions: Chooglin
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I'm thinking that gear and steering box are different since the box and gear are different part numbers. It's hard to believe that 4" extra width is going to make 3.6' more turning radius .

Too late for me to get a X, I picked up a R last weekend.
The longer wheelbase on the R will hurt turning radius also.

Reactions: Tigermark
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!