Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
BlaBla Bla talk is cheap put ur money w ur mouth ,stock KRX out performing raced prep Talon.The geometry is way wrong w a talon.You sound like a liberal!It May have the most efficient motor and trans.but if u can’t figure out the geometry who gives a s***.Take a serious look at what shock Therapy says about a tolon compared to a KRX.When Kawasaki decides witch way to go as far as boosting the intake,turbo versus blower.It will be a game changer.The average consumer should compare stock to stock.The reason KRXs are heavy is because how over built they are.When you move the rear trailing arm as far forward as the KRX is,you can install serious travel to the rear suspension.And install serious coilover struts.As far as the belt goes the Kawasaki CVT is way different than a Polaris of a Cam Am.Get serious,Buy machines off the showroom and go desert Racing.Post back

!
It’s really not a political thing. Just curious, when will you be trading your honda in on a KRX?

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Lighten up Bud, don't take life so serious I didn't mean to insult you.

When the Talon came out on paper I was disappointed after getting a little seat time in the conditions we ride I like it and will get one when I have enough cash to buy one.
The unicam engine is good
Not everyone is a rock crawler.
Two hardened steel gears will always be a more efficient way to transfer power then pulling a rubber belt through aluminum wedge shaped pulleys that make so much heat that they put heat gauges in from factory,
I got almost 5,000 miles on my 2016 Pioneer, and transmission works flawlessly

Three weeks ago we were out in CO and on one one of are longer days the belt driven Polaris's where wondering if they had enough gas to get back and the three small tanked Pioneer's still had plenty.

If four hundred pounds isn't much put two full sized adults in the back of your Pioneer and see you don't notice a performance difference.

When I was looking for wheels I thought about getting bead locks and decided the negatives out weight positives for my application I patch and mount and dismount my own tires and didn't want to mess with all the bolt's and the possibility of not getting sealed right and having it leak around the bead.

If I have a roll over at higher speeds I want my roll cage to deflect/crush a little to take some of the energy off the impact I will happily replace it
I believe we had a discussion on here whether aluminum or plastic skid's where better and plastic won.

Bang for the buck if you are a rock crawler the KRX is a much better deal then the Talon just like JTW was promoting

Still no KRX for me 😀

Last edited:
M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I would buy an X3 over a KRX...

H

HondaTech

I've learned alot from people in the know these last few days about the factory Proctor team, Talon tuning, Jackson's turbo kit, the relationship between them, amongst other things.

Unfortunately some of it i can't divulge but theres alot of information being discovered on how to make these cars work correctly.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you lower the ride height of the Talon and set it up like a short course Pro 2/4 truck where they run a low ride height and alot of suspension droop, the issue you are talking about isn't an issue at all. I'm not running my junk in the desert, its built for short course racing on a groomed track, so a monster truck ride height and bad suspension angles will not be a problem. Look up Hans Ada on FB as an example of a Talon that I think is set up correctly for what im doing.

This is about where mine will be at ride height. Front is an inch or so low but gives you a good idea of what im talking about...
View attachment 221069View attachment 221070

Ground to skid plate in the rear is 9" in these pictures.
Are u flat track racing?

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s really not a political thing. Just curious, when will you be trading your honda in on a KRX?
What u talking about?Ive posted several times ,I’ll never give up my pioneer,This KRX is just a midlife crisis thing.This or a c8 corvette .So money wise Im miles ahead.I have to admit Im having a lot of fun ripping across the thousands of miles in southern Nevada.But it would be a lot of fun parking in front of my favorite bar in a corvette,dusting myself off after a hard day of work looking like a bum as I always do.And getting a miller lite,which is not politicaly correct at a micro brewery.Just thinking out loud.Dont u have several sxs’s.?I can have two, they are very different machines.

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
That f***ing retard couldn't out drive my mom in a grocery store parking lot. Put somebody in the car that actually knows what they're doing. I'm no Ricky Carmichael but I whipped a lot of spoiled rich kids with my stock honda dirt bikes. Experience can overcome a significant sum of money. Evidence: KRX guy whipping hondas ass.

I feel bad for the people that have to work with those little snot nose punks.
C'mon , don't hold back . Say what you really think

Reactions: JTW

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Polvoorde just posted a youtube video pre-running in Baja... in a RZR...

H

HondaTech

All gussied up for this weekends race

20200917 173604

H

HondaTech

That's in Canaan! Basically just the boonies of Madison. Its like 10 minutes from the shop. If you're ever in the area again during the week, make sure to hit me up and I'll show you around if you want.

It's actually my GMs ride. He's been in that area for the same series before.

I'll pass it along.

Reactions: SuperATV
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lighten up Bud, don't take life so serious I didn't mean to insult you.

When the Talon came out on paper I was disappointed after getting a little seat time in the conditions we ride I like it and will get one when I have enough cash to buy one.
The unicam engine is good
Not everyone is a rock crawler.
Two hardened steel gears will always be a more efficient way to transfer power then pulling a rubber belt through aluminum wedge shaped pulleys that make so much heat that they put heat gauges in from factory,
I got almost 5,000 miles on my 2016 Pioneer, and transmission works flawlessly

Three weeks ago we were out in CO and on one one of are longer days the belt driven Polaris's where wondering if they had enough gas to get back and the three small tanked Pioneer's still had plenty.

If four hundred pounds isn't much put two full sized adults in the back of your Pioneer and see you don't notice a performance difference.

When I was looking for wheels I thought about getting bead locks and decided the negatives out weight positives for my application I patch and mount and dismount my own tires and didn't want to mess with all the bolt's and the possibility of not getting sealed right and having it leak around the bead.

If I have a roll over at higher speeds I want my roll cage to deflect/crush a little to take some of the energy off the impact I will happily replace it
I believe we had a discussion on here whether aluminum or plastic skid's where better and plastic won.

Bang for the buck if you are a rock crawler the KRX is a much better deal then the Talon just like JTW was promoting

Still no KRX for me 😀
Love our Talon 1000x-4

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!