Honda Talon Testing. Declassified!

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damn, I really hope that video had something to do with the "Talon". Fingers crossed but this is how I feel, I'm pretty sure that's just a Dream, they wont come out with anything remotely close to this. I'm heartbroken, I would be one of the first in my region to have one if ever they did. I love Honda, always have.
Word on the street is Can-am is gonna make a 4 seat X3 turbo with launch control and 3 speed, clutch, and 6' shorter and much lighter than the current X3... Don't ever want a CAN CAN but man that'd be a freaking riot when it was on its wheels. I rented a 2017 X3 4 seater for a day and went to the dunes, can I just say everyone should experience that, hit 92 mph downhill! That's what they do good because of their length, I felt if it was shorter and lighter it'd be a freaking sandrail, and more usable around town and trails. No disrespect CP! Your awesome for keeping us up on this and I pray that someday the Talon reveal is real!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Damn, I really hope that video had something to do with the "Talon". Fingers crossed but this is how I feel, I'm pretty sure that's just a Dream, they wont come out with anything remotely close to this. I'm heartbroken, I would be one of the first in my region to have one if ever they did. I love Honda, always have.
Word on the street is Can-am is gonna make a 4 seat X3 turbo with launch control and 3 speed, clutch, and 6' shorter and much lighter than the current X3... Don't ever want a CAN CAN but man that'd be a freaking riot when it was on its wheels. I rented a 2017 X3 4 seater for a day and went to the dunes, can I just say everyone should experience that, hit 92 mph downhill! That's what they do good because of their length, I felt if it was shorter and lighter it'd be a freaking sandrail, and more usable around town and trails. No disrespect CP! Your awesome for keeping us up on this and I pray that someday the Talon reveal is real!
Oh I wish that really for the Talon:) might be i little overkill lol. I expect it to be much like the YXZ 1000 Yamaha but much more technology thrown at it. Hopefully it's not limited to just high speed non technical dunes or dirt road riding like the Yami.
They need to hurry up there's lots of people waiting for it

Last edited:
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well said!

IMG 2622

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
oops didn't mean to put that on this post..

Reactions: pct
CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone herd the rumor that they may use the 1200cc 3 cyclinder engines that they used in their previous watercraft? I had great service out of mine, they were smooth as silk plus they where turbo!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Has anyone herd the rumor that they may use the 1200cc 3 cyclinder engines that they used in their previous watercraft? I had great service out of mine, they were smooth as silk plus they where turbo!
I haven't heard that one. Heard 1100. Doubt they'll be over 1000 though there is just too much to deal with emissions and liability.

advertisement
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My brain tells me that based on the number of cylinders and the insane RPM's this thing is cranking out.....the video is a test for a motor that would be used for something like an Indy racer. I could be wrong, but I can't see Honda ever putting that beast in anything other than a hard track top speed contender. Some folks might be slobbering saying "I gotta have it". But it would be worthless in the 4wd world. High rpm's are the sweet spot for this motor, would kinda suk if you was in the muck or climbing a hill that required low end. Also no scale to show just how big this motor is.
But if that's the new motor from Honda for a sxs, I'm all over it. I'd love to test drive :)

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Sounds like my P500 paddle shifting on the trails....In my dreams! Great video.

Reactions: Eltobgi
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Limit for sxs is 1000cc so i doubt it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!