BOX1

Honda Talon Update - March 2018 - New patents released.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
gosh we digress quickly .... hurry Honda release the talon and save us from bucket test.

would it not be funny to see the Talon really be a Youth model :eek: - there is your Aprils fools @Hondasxs

As far behind as they will be its going to seem like a youth model when the competition is 4-5 years down the road going to be releasing rides with trophy truck specs(maybe not the durability but the specs)

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No jack required sir.

I know, but its so close it looks like it, you know the unwritten rules, "If someone doesn't make fun of you @JTW will and we will have to delete 2/3rds of what he says because he's going to hell for it anyway"

With true 30's and no UHMW skid plate I would be right where your at if I adjust my Fox to factory ride height with the factory tires on it. with Factory shocks I was about 1.5" lower with accessories weighing it down, and my 1000 has probably 50% less weight in accessories than my 700.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I know, but its so close it looks like it, you know the unwritten rules, "If someone doesn't make fun of you @JTW will and we will have to delete 2/3rds of what he says because he's going to hell for it anyway"

With true 30's and no UHMW skid plate I would be right where your at if I adjust my Fox to factory ride height with the factory tires on it. with Factory shocks I was about 1.5" lower with accessories weighing it down, and my 1000 has probably 50% less weight in accessories than my 700.
That's true it dosent have the aftermarket skids yet and is still a work in progress.

I was really just messing with Bomar. I'm like Jackal, I think these bucket pics are silly.

J

JTW

Bhahahaha.. that is impressively accurate!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 67912

Here you go @Ragnar406 o_O Factory shocks and Aarms, Highlifter kit and 28s.

Anyone running 30s should have no issues with the bucket challenge :rolleyes:
I always assumed clearing the "homer" pail was a great test of manhood! Now there's no more assuming. I'm in the same club as you!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This sport model was set to have class leading suspension for MY 2015, here we are with MY 2019 (at best) and the competition isn't sitting on thier hands. I've seen big H compete in performance when it want to. I blame CSPC, lawyers, and R&D to sum up these delays as..........

FB IMG 1520461360245

C

coker23346

May 27, 2013
Patents acquired by the Honda SxS club suggest that Honda is indeed STILL working on a new machine. And coming in line with several other patents we are building a better idea of what this mythical unicorn may look like. This patent suggest Honda has been working since 2016 on this unit. 2 years later, it's time for a true sighting.
  • 2 seater unit to be released first.
  • 999cc, 6 speed, upgraded to 95hp
  • Pure Sport version and a more slimmer version.
  • Single unit frame design.
  • Rear engine design.
  • Low center of gravity.
  • Bucket seats.
  • Adjustable drivers seat.
  • Center console shifter.
  • Trailing arms setups.
  • 3 link and a 5 link.
ETA.
While the ETA is unknown. We know Honda South Carolina has been hard at work building additional infrastructures for something. Rumor is that the new wing is near completion. Leaving one question. Where is the green go button.

So, What do you think? Are we going to see this mythical Honda Talon this year?

Blue in the first picture is extra as this patents is about a removable seat frame for engine installation.

View attachment 67097
View attachment 67098 View attachment 67099
I got tired of waiting and bought the yamaha yxz 1000,,,, honda has got to go to beat this thing, still have my pioneer to haul trailers on the farm. or fetch water

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I were buying a sport.. that’s what I would do!

I’d rather have the can am x3 right now. Because you can trail ride it. Those yxz are hard to trail ride. Got a buddy who races them and he said it can be done but it isn’t the best choice. But racing they are bad to the bone. I sent a video the other day in messenger on Facebook to a group and the guy is BLASTING through trees and brush... no way man. One wrong move and it’s going to hurt... ALOT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I’d rather have the can am x3 right now. Because you can trail ride it. Those yxz are hard to trail ride. Got a buddy who races them and he said it can be done but it isn’t the best choice. But racing they are bad to the bone. I sent a video the other day in messenger on Facebook to a group and the guy is BLASTING through trees and brush... no way man. One wrong move and it’s going to hurt... ALOT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I belive the new ones are much better.. I think they have thengear reduction and auto trans

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got tired of waiting and bought the yamaha yxz 1000,,,, honda has got to go to beat this thing, still have my pioneer to haul trailers on the farm. or fetch water

If I were buying a sport.. that’s what I would do!

Yep, if folks really need a sport model asap you should go ahead and get another brand. Let the "Talon" get it's bugs out once it is released. I jumped on the '14 700 thinking it was mostly proven by the Big Red drive train but still had issues. The 1000 had it's problem and the Talon will too.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yep, if folks really need a sport model asap you should go ahead and get another brand. Let the "Talon" get it's bugs out once it is released. I jumped on the '14 700 thinking it was mostly proven by the Big Red drive train but still had issues. The 1000 had it's problem and the Talon will too.
I’d love the Talon someday and actually might go on one but I think I’ll leave the r&d and service bulletins that may occur up to the impatient this time.
Hopefully the extra time in development is looking at things a little differently. Honda needs this sport to be really solid from day one, we’ll see soon.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’d love the Talon someday and actually might go on one but I think I’ll leave the r&d and service bulletins that may occur up to the impatient this time.
Hopefully the extra time in development is looking at things a little differently. Honda needs this sport to be virtually flawless, we’ll see soon.
Maybe, I heard from a very reliable source, it's hung up in the warning sticker dept. HA!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Maybe, I heard from a very reliable source, it's hung up in the warning sticker dept. HA!
Lmao! After some of the stupid ass people and lawyers involved in the ATC days can you blame them?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Lmao! After some of the stupid ass people and lawyers involved in the ATC days can you blame them?
Yes, they are still trying to figure out which side to apply the adhesive! ??????

Reactions: BWAF
Tmitch09

Tmitch09

Jan 18, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand
3" lift 32" tires

20171130 164936

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!