P1000 Honda windshield information needed

J

jpartington

Oct 22, 2021
Hastings, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey there, wondering if anyone can help me out with a dimension. It would seem that the previous owner of my machine installed the Honda split windshield but he did not attach the lower half of the windshield to the dash (the connection in the middle bottom of the lower windshield). The instructions show a small spacer between the mount and the windshield but it does not show any dimensional information. Can anyone tell me how long that spacer should be?

EF2CCCF4 D5D9 42F3 9670 871F5C960422

Trevan

Trevan

Sep 1, 2019
Milton, ON. Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey there, wondering if anyone can help me out with a dimension. It would seem that the previous owner of my machine installed the Honda split windshield but he did not attach the lower half of the windshield to the dash (the connection in the middle bottom of the lower windshield). The instructions show a small spacer between the mount and the windshield but it does not show any dimensional information. Can anyone tell me how long that spacer should be?

View attachment 317301
It fits into the hole on the windscreen and is a “spacer” between the bracket and the washer . The windscreen mounts tight to the bracket.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Can anyone tell me how long that spacer should be?
Why, are u going to make one? Why not get one from the dealer?

BTW Congrats on your first post and welcome From Michigan!
we have a ritual when you first post..
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
of your rig…

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 317301
welcome from Ohio

Trevan

Trevan

Sep 1, 2019
Milton, ON. Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The spacer length is equal to the thickness of the windscreen, fits the diameter of hole and is “drilled” out to fit the fastener. I had to make mine as it was missing.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!