P1000 Hood pins

R

Recurveman

Dec 30, 2019
Gilbert Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guys,

I'm in the middle of the storage mod and I'm having issues with the hood pins. They are falling apart before I even install them. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good hood pin? I bought a set of 8 off of Amazon and they are complete junk.

Thanks,

R

Recurveman

Dec 30, 2019
Gilbert Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Here is the product. The middle part keeps coming out before I even get them installed. I can only imagine what it would look like going down a rough road!!!!

Reactions: Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couple of things to check. If the ball end part is adjusted too short, the buttons internal latching balls won't close in far enough for the button to latch on properly. Too loose and it'll rattle of course, so there's a happy medium.

Also consider that the button part has moving parts, so things can bind up if it gets too much dirt inside. I've installed small O-rings on each ball end so the O-ring compresses a bit. Foam washers would work better perhaps, just haven't had time to make them and I could not source them on-line.

The button end will disassemble for cleaning if need be.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
☝️ ☝️☝️PRO TIP!!☝️☝️☝️

Also as the push part is a moving part, also be sure before i stalling that the nut is the old Germain word
“goodntight” or it can have the potential to fall apart.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!