P1000 Horn on a 2016 1000-5

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking about adding a horn in preparation of possibly making the rig fully street legal here in Utah...
So, I DL the instructions from Honda and it was 12 frigg'n pages long and it has you removing the entire front end, bumper, fenders and dash along with other odds and ends...WTF! To install the horn and horn harness...Ya gotta be kidding me!

Is this install info accurate or am I missing something? Anyone else have the pleasure of installing a Honda horn on these beasts? Gotta be easier than that...

Redmist

Redmist

Jun 9, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
when I added turn signal kit on my 1000 to be street legal in Utah it came with a horn. I was made in Mona, Utah.

pmward

pmward

Jul 28, 2016
Galena, Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
when I added turn signal kit on my 1000 to be street legal in Utah it came with a horn. I was made in Mona, Utah.
I installed the Honda horn, along with winch, switch panel, light bar and pod lights, bumper and a few other Honda accessories. I followed the Honda instructions exactly. It's a lot to tear down, but makes the job very easy to do, and very neat. I took out the dash, floors, etc, as per Honda instructions. You will learn a lot about your machine if you do this, and it's not difficult at all, just time consuming.

Reactions: elkguide
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Do you have anymore info on your street legal kit? Do you like it? Where did you get it? How much$$? I want to go that route and looking for options...

T

TheBreeze

Jan 6, 2017
Van,Tx
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I addded a horn to mine, no kit just a good loud horn a push button and two wires. Its not rocket science just a hot wire and a ground with a switch. :)

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I addded a horn to mine, no kit just a good loud horn a push button and two wires. Its not rocket science just a hot wire and a ground with a switch. :)
I'm with ya there. Honda horn kit is way over priced. But to each their own.;)

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Gonna skip the Honda horn. WAY too pricey and like was mentioned, it ain't rocket science. I'm rethinking this project.

Definitely would be paying for the name only!

Reactions: Delton
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I'm thinking about adding a horn in preparation of possibly making the rig fully street legal here in Utah...
So, I DL the instructions from Honda and it was 12 frigg'n pages long and it has you removing the entire front end, bumper, fenders and dash along with other odds and ends...WTF! To install the horn and horn harness...Ya gotta be kidding me!

Is this install info accurate or am I missing something? Anyone else have the pleasure of installing a Honda horn on these beasts? Gotta be easier than that...

I've done a few of them, and there are definitely steps that can be skipped. No need at all to pull the dash out. Taking the fenders off makes it a little easier, but that step could be skipped.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Horn is easy and I also agree to do your own. I decided to go outside the box and do horn button in the steering wheel but it's still a button with a fuse connected to the horns. I went loudest possible for animal deterrent IMG 0150

Reactions: Delton and elkguide
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Horn is easy and I also agree to do your own. I decided to go outside the box and do horn button in the steering wheel but it's still a button with a fuse connected to the horns. I went loudest possible for animal deterrent View attachment 45009

You went "LOUDEST POSSIBLE" to warn everyone that you were coming on through!!!!!!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You went "LOUDEST POSSIBLE" to warn everyone that you were coming on through!!!!!!!
Actually believe it or not but mainly for moose, if you catch them right it saves a couple rounds through the sidearm into the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delton and 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, what does it take to make a pioneer street legal?

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!