P1000m5 Hot hot

D

Dnorris1369

Jun 18, 2016
North Carolina
Got my two piece windshield on today. Also hard top soft back panel and winch. Loving this thing more everyday. Too bad family couldn't ride long it was so hot in cab. Guess I'll check with dealer and see what Honda says about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got my two piece windshield on today. Also hard top soft back panel and winch. Loving this thing more everyday. Too bad family couldn't ride long it was so hot in cab. Guess I'll check with dealer and see what Honda says about it.

It's looking like the kit works pretty well

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Under seat fan is the way to go. It almost totally eliminates the heat. The heat shield helps.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Just a reminder be sure to tell your dealer about any and all heat related problems. Thanks, (sqeaky wheel gets the grease)

D

Dnorris1369

Jun 18, 2016
North Carolina
Does anyone have the number. I know I've seen it posted on here somewhere but I can't find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Best to call Honda not dealer.

I called Honda several times and they told me my Dealer was my point of contact for the heat problem and refused to give any information on the update. I contacted my dealer and was given my options. Therefore contact your dealer with heat issues and then if you want contact Honda.

Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called my dealer first and he didn't know anything about it so he said he would call Honda and see and call me back. When he called back he said Honda didn't have any reports on it, so I then called Honda and the guy asked me some questions about it. He then told me they had 100 test kits out and someone would get back with me . Maybe best to call both!

advertisement
Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called my dealer first and he didn't know anything about it so he said he would call Honda and see and call me back. When he called back he said Honda didn't have any reports on it, so I then called Honda and the guy asked me some questions about it. He then told me they had 100 test kits out and someone would get back with me . Maybe best to call both!
I had the same experience with my dealer, he didn't know anything about it, so I called Honda, talked to Joe and the same thing asked a few questions, one of which was do you have a heater installed, I assured him you do not need that accessory in the 1000's, he had to laugh!! Anyway that was two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything so I just called my dealer and they said that I have a kit coming for my machine but no one else that's complaining is getting one, they are out of kits. I called at the right time.

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
Wow! I thought the photos on the facebook
page were mine, that I took of my heat barrier
I made 3 months ago. Maybe they took note
of what I did!

John

Reactions: Stauvo
ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Did you figure out the hot seat?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!