Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Some guys have built makeshift tents or coverings for the back of their pioneer so they can sleep in them. I'm interested to see what folks have come up with. Post your pics and descriptions here.

EDIT: feel free to post ideas for 3 or 5 seat models as well as Honda with a hammock. I thought I'd start this since there hasn't really been a solid thread on it. Hopefully others will find it useful.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
CDCC1E80 8578 4FF0 B432 4F4ACD453B73

Warn display at the AIM expo last year.
Probably a little more weight up high than you would like.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not quite sure how well the RTT would work on a 3 seater like he owns.
I was thinking something alone the lines of a 10' flexible tent pole anchored near the tailgate giving a hoop.
Attach a tarp from the front of the roof and hang it over the top of the pole. Could add a 2nd pole angled from tailgate to give a little footroom.
If you extend a piece of plywood out the back for comfort, could easily attached the tent poles to that, think wild west covered wagon.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Plywood cut to fit inside the bed with a D ring on the end. Slide the plywood out and rachet the D ring to the rops. That was a @joeymt33 idea.

HONDAHOTEL

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!