How many golfers do we have on the forum?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will tell you though.. given the fact that you obviously love the outdoors.. and like most of us, are probably type "A" personality..

don't start.

I'm a very, very competitive guy. I used to poo-poo the game. Then a buddy of mine talked me into going. I sucked at it (still do) but it hooked me. It is one of those games that you love to hate. I always say, you play 18 holes to get that one really good shot.. & somehow it makes it all worthwhile.
My Daddy loved fishing. Had fine bass boat and about 20 high dollar rod/reels. After retiring someone took him golfing. Mistake. Nearly forget about the fishing rig and had 2 golf carts in 2 different clubs.

I would never even consider golfing. I have too much tied up in other hobbies to let it go to waste ...... lol

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I will tell you though.. given the fact that you obviously love the outdoors.. and like most of us, are probably type "A" personality..

don't start.

I'm a very, very competitive guy. I used to poo-poo the game. Then a buddy of mine talked me into going. I sucked at it (still do) but it hooked me. It is one of those games that you love to hate. I always say, you play 18 holes to get that one really good shot.. & somehow it makes it all worthwhile.

LOL I'm EXTREMELY competitive. I'm not a great golfer so it really pisses me off, but like you say, you get that one shot that keeps you coming back. I also enjoy the camaraderie. Last week I chipped in from abut 30 yards out. Came in too hot but it drilled the flag pole and dropped straight in the cup. Ha! Birdie! I'll take it.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My Daddy loved fishing. Had fine bass boat and about 20 high dollar rod/reels. After retiring someone took him golfing. Mistake. Nearly forget about the fishing rig and had 2 golf carts in 2 different clubs.

I would never even consider golfing. I have too much tied up in other hobbies to let it go to waste ...... lol

Ha all my hobbies are expensive! I can't seem to find any that aren't.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL I'm EXTREMELY competitive. I'm not a great golfer so it really pisses me off, but like you say, you get that one shot that keeps you coming back. I also enjoy the camaraderie. Last week I chipped in from abut 30 yards out. Came in too hot but it drilled the flag pole and dropped straight in the cup. Ha! Birdie! I'll take it.

Funny statements like that are one of the reasons I quit.. I work all the way through HS at a local Country club.. on the course during the week and in the pro shop on the weekends I practically lived out there.

My last summer my parents moved out of state and they wanted me to stay so bad that they let me live in a room at the clubhouse. Imagine having to listen to everyone describe / give you the play by play of their favorite shot of the day... I quite golf midway through that last summer and only picked up my clubs a couple times since then. It was a fun summer

Maybe one day again since I basically live in a retirement area with like 7 courses I can play

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Funny statements like that are one of the reasons I quit.. I work all the way through HS at a local Country club.. on the course during the week and in the pro shop on the weekends I practically lived out there.

My last summer my parents moved out of state and they wanted me to stay so bad that they let me live in a room at the clubhouse. Imagine having to listen to everyone describe / give you the play by play of their favorite shot of the day... I quite golf midway through that last summer and only picked up my clubs a couple times since then. It was a fun summer

Maybe one day again since I basically live in a retirement area with like 7 courses I can play
Lol sounds like you were livin the dream. I dont give any play by play. I'm not a great golfer. Hell sometimes I just drive around with a beer and cigar and skip all the holes I dont like lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been addicted to golf since I was 12. Got down to single number handicap about 10 yrs ago before I had some bones removed from my wrist. Always been all out in sports my whole life. Was scouted in high school for baseball, broke my leg sliding into second base and that was the end of that so golf became my sport focus. Unfortunately I never reached the level in golf I did in baseball. It's got to be one of the most difficult to master. The great thing about golf is you can play till the day you die. I play golf on "money Thursdays" with a couple of guys that are pushing 80 and one is 89. They don't hit the ball as far as the others but they score very well and win their share of the money. I've heard those guys that make fun of golf but they are the ones that couldn't play a lick if they tried.

J

JTW

I've been addicted to golf since I was 12. Got down to single number handicap about 10 yrs ago before I had some bones removed from my wrist. Always been all out in sports my whole life. Was scouted in high school for baseball, broke my leg sliding into second base and that was the end of that so golf became my sport focus. Unfortunately I never reached the level in golf I did in baseball. It's got to be one of the most difficult to master. The great thing about golf is you can play till the day you die. I play golf on "money Thursdays" with a couple of guys that are pushing 80 and one is 89. They don't hit the ball as far as the others but they score very well and win their share of the money. I've heard those guys that make fun of golf but they are the ones that couldn't play a lick if they tried.
I pay for licks all the time!

Reactions: Hondasxs and BWAF
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My first job in high school was being the cart boy at a course. It was pretty fun for a while. Played enough, but always seemed to have more fun rallying the carts around after hours, and stoped playing when I had to start paying for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW, BWAF and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to golf back before my last back surgery. Actually have a verified hole in one at Scenic View golf course here locally. 100yd par 3 and I shanked it maybe 30yds and it rolled rest of way straight into hole lol. Hey it went so it counts.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Round 2 today. D32d49cc1d4d6278ce635aeef9c74a76

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Got to play Kauni Pauli several yeas ago, it was windy, came to a elevated par 3 with water all the way around the hole, the three guy with me hit these beautiful wedge shots, only to be blown into the water pin high, my up I toped it, hit a grass bunker in front of the green, posed my ball up and landed 6 inches from the cup, just looked at the guys and said you got to know how to play the wind, taped in for a birdie, beautiful course! I love to play golf, but I either drive lights out, hit my irons lights out or putt lights out, but only one at a time, never all three.:mad:

Reactions: drfubar and BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got to play Kauni Pauli several yeas ago, it was windy, came to a elevated par 3 with water all the way around the hole, the three guy with me hit these beautiful wedge shots, only to be blown into the water pin high, my up I toped it, hit a grass bunker in front of the green, posed my ball up and landed 6 inches from the cup, just looked at the guys and said you got to know how to play the wind, taped in for a birdie, beautiful course! I love to play golf, but I either drive lights out, hit my irons lights out or putt lights out, but only one at a time, never all three.:mad:
Lol priceless

Reactions: BWAF
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My Grandfather that came up here from Kentucky in WWII to work at the Bomber plant loved golf, was left handed and used wooden shaft clubs. He use to pick me up twice a week from age 12 to age 15 in the summer and take me to breakfast and then to the golf corse to play 9 holes. I loved it so much i joined the High school team and was pretty good, just that Baseball got in the way. I played on verious leauges after baseball but my job now limits me from being on one. I still love the game and get out when I can. Funny thing is..my cabin in Gaylord Mi has some of the most sought after corses to play in the state.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My Grandfather that came up here from Kentucky in WWII to work at the Bomber plant loved golf, was left handed and used wooden shaft clubs. He use to pick me up twice a week from age 12 to age 15 in the summer and take me to breakfast and then to the golf corse to play 9 holes. I loved it so much i joined the High school team and was pretty good, just that Baseball got in the way. I played on verious leauges after baseball but my job now limits me from being on one. I still love the game and get out when I can. Funny thing is..my cabin in Gaylord Mi has some of the most sought after corses to play in the state.
You only live once sir....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!