P500 How to clean dirt, dust, mud off?

CMFox

CMFox

Oct 29, 2015
Central Oregon
I'm a total newb at atving. Please excuse, the basic questions I ask.

I have a P500. Its dirty, dusty, muddy. I have search this site and goggled, but I find no good info on how to clean all the mud and dust off.

Do I just take a hose to it?
Where should I be careful not to squirt water?
I have a plastic windshield, what's best to clean it without scratching it?
Ditto for the soft back window cover?

Thanks.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm a total newb at atving. Please excuse, the basic questions I ask.

I have a P500. Its dirty, dusty, muddy. I have search this site and goggled, but I find no good info on how to clean all the mud and dust off.

Do I just take a hose to it?
Where should I be careful not to squirt water?
I have a plastic windshield, what's best to clean it without scratching it?
Ditto for the soft back window cover?

Thanks.
Like a good smoker (for ribs and the like) one should never clean his utv! Kidding, I take mine through the car wash and pressure wash it with never any trouble or worries and not really any place I avoid spraying other than around the electronics around the dash, a little care around the battery box and carefully or at greater distance on the rubber boots.

Reactions: JCart and CMFox
CMFox

CMFox

Oct 29, 2015
Central Oregon
Like a good smoker (for ribs and the like) one should never clean his utv! Kidding, I take mine through the car wash and pressure wash it with never any trouble or worries and not really any place I avoid spraying other than around the electronics around the dash, a little care around the battery box and carefully or at greater distance on the rubber boots.

I just sprayed it off with water. But...I realize I am clueless as to what NOT to wash. Do you hose down the inside of the cab too? (I know the outdoors, map and compass, but have no knowledge of combustion machines, other then to drive em...hence the doofus questions. Thank you for your answering!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I just sprayed it off with water. But...I realize I am clueless as to what NOT to wash. Do you hose down the inside of the cab too? (I know the outdoors, map and compass, but have no knowledge of combustion machines, other then to drive em...hence the doofus questions. Thank you for your answering!
Go through the deepest dirtiest puddle you can find....haha
hose it down bro...inside & out
then go get it dirty again.....
Ride safe

Reactions: CMFox
newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar
P700m4 - best way to clean?
I leave mine on the trailer and take it to a carwash after every ride . Soap and rinse it inside and out (with no disassembly) taking care to hold the wand back 2-3 feet
wherever a drive shaft enters anything or where an electronics plug is located , and 3 feet when directed at the instrument display . I also avoid spraying electronics any further than necessary . No probs after several cycles . Enjoy the new experiences , and on outings remember , it's not an adventure until something goes wrong :)