Multi How to support The Honda SxS Club!

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Selecting the link "USER UPGRADES" in your OP took me to the options of lifetime or supporting member. I used the credit card option under supporting member and it seemed to work and it was simple.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Shoot me a message Tuesday and I'll check. Out riding this weekend.

Sent via Tapatalk.
Dang you, HA! May have to remind me in three years! HA!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks for this Forum!

Reactions: popeye
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did apply. Was not approved. But time has passed. Ill try again.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
They might not allow an affiliate program if they sponsor the forum.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too was wondering about this. I've upgraded to Supporting Member. I needed to do so anyway seeing how much time I spend on here wandering all over the place while I drag Y'all with me...be the Yak you know you can be...All hail the great and glorious black yak of yore!

IMG 0103

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So what makes one a Club Contributor? I didn't see that mentioned.
Bigfoot 20

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I too was wondering about this. I've upgraded to Supporting Member. I needed to do so anyway seeing how much time I spend on here wandering all over the place while I drag Y'all with me...be the Yak you know you can be...All hail the great and glorious black yak of yore!

View attachment 76636
It's just a long haired cow, HA!

Reactions: 100Acre
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,
Thank you for being part of the best site on the web - The Honda SxS Club.

Have had a few questions about how to support the club and what the different badges/banners are under a users name. I had posted a small intro on them long ago, it's outdated so I figured it was time to redo them. So, here it goes.

WHY YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED!!!!

Operating this community has been an eye opener for me. Originally started off my personal server at no additional cost. It quickly ate up the resources and I quickly had to upgrade. 1, 2, 3, and 4 server moves later have all placed a huge financial burden on the books. Your funding and support help cover those costs. Below is a list of some of the reasons your support is needed:
  • The Server
  • Server management services
  • Backup server
  • Monitoring services
  • Uptime reporting services
  • Bandwith protection services
  • Domain names
  • Software licenses
  • Web and Mobile Apps
  • Custom development
  • Additional personal bandwidth
  • Hours and hours of my time keeping all this in order!
And those are just the critical resources. Other non-criticals include:
  • Ride of the Month giveaways
  • Other giveaways
  • Stickers
  • Decals
  • Product development
  • Advertisement and mailings
  • Thank you gifts
  • Pioneer Takeover event

SUPPORTING THE CLUB IS EASY!

The following are ways you can support the club and many are at no cost at all!

Participation!

At the top of the list is the single most important type of support someone can give. And that is visiting the website and participating often!. Starting new threads, welcoming new members into the club, and keeping current threads moving offers a type of support no money can buy.

Amazon or Ebay!
HondaSxS is an approved affiliate for both Amazon and eBay. So, if you buy lots of stuff on Amazon or eBay you could be helping support your favorite club while buying something you were going to buy anyway! Also, when people ask "where did you get that" and you reply "Amazon" please post a link to that page vs a screen shot or name of the product. This all helps a little, but over time it adds up!
One big thing that you can do is create an Amazon bookmark or link on your computer and use the following links:
Amazon - Amazon.com: Honda Pioneer
eBay - eBay - HondaSxS

Advertisements

If you see an advertisement you like... CLICK IT! Clicking it and exploring that page helps provide revenue for the club in very small increments, but every little bit helps!

Vendors
Checking out our vendor section helps the club by showing our vendors some love. Many have donated items and or made financial contributions to the club and/or a club event. When buying from a vendor, include a note saying you are a member of The Honda SxS Club - HondaSxS.com.

Hosting a local Ride!
More info on this later.

UPGRADING YOUR ACCOUNT
Upgrading your account to in 2 different ways HERE --> USER UPGRADES
- Supporting Member
- Lifetime Member!

Both Supporting and Lifetime members provide the same benefits. The biggest is limited advertisements. All adverts except the vendor sections and the header ad is removed. Benefits include:
- Advertisement removal
(except header and vendor section)
- Access to supporting member section.
- Ability to change the title under your user name.
- Increased PM box.
- Poll creating capabilities.
- And a few other small odds and ends.

Supporting Member is a yearly contribution that helps provide ongoing funding for the club. This can be bought on top of the lifetime membership. It is a reflection of you making a small yearly financial contribution to your favorite club. The Honda SxS Club!

LifeTime Member is a one-time contribution that helps provide funding for the community giving you the same access as a supporting member but on a life long contract.

Upgrading is not the full solution!
Both of these upgrades help provide financial funding, However, they are nowhere near close to a full solution. In fact, I have given away just as many LifeTime memberships that have been sold. Members and the paid accounts only provide about 20% of the funding needed to keep the site running.

DONATIONS
Making a one-time donation to the club is a great way to provide additional support. At the bottom right of the website, you will see a Donate button. Helping can be as simple as "Buying us a Beer". *Though I don't even drink. lol. You can also use this link --> HondaSxS.com using PayPal.Me

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Finally, no matter how you can help support the club I want you to know your contributions and efforts are appreciated. Without your support, this would be just another page lost on the net pushed into the dark corners of nothing. I am amazed at how much this has grown. Back in Feb. 2013, I never dreamed this site would become The Honda SxS Club it is today! I have met and talked to a lot of great people and everyone has been super nice. I couldn't have asked for a better online family.
Thank You!
@Hondasxs
I know this is old now but I'm just now going through reading some fine print that one should read when 1st joining I guess. I instead jumped in and start questioning and replying to funny/learning topics that looked interesting. I shop some on Amazon and thought it may help and so I clicked on this link which just took me to Amazon home page, so how does it work? How can I support honda sxs through Amazon purchases?

Reactions: sharp
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this is old now but I'm just now going through reading some fine print that one should read when 1st joining I guess. I instead jumped in and start questioning and replying to funny/learning topics that looked interesting. I shop some on Amazon and thought it may help and so I clicked on this link which just took me to Amazon home page, so how does it work? How can I support honda sxs through Amazon purchases?
@Hondasxs @Tigermark @ohanacreek @joeymt33 Thems' Mods'll be able ta point ye in the correct direction, I plum forgot meself. Now where did I leave me...?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Clicking the links is all you need to do. All it does is add some information to the address. It tells Amazon to give X percentage of the sale to our forum.
If you want to know what it adds, you can see if in the address bar.
"/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Honda+Pioneer&linkCode=sl2&tag=home0b202-20&linkId=b07943b6eb8d8f1ea68b867e8193837e"
Keep the link that is on the bottom of every page as a shortcut in your browser aka favorite. Then click it, shop on Amazon, check out and BAM! The forum gets a small percentage of the sale.

Edit:
Image of the image you want to click, bottom of every page.
Capture30

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Clicking the links is all you need to do. All it does is add some information to the address. It tells Amazon to give X percentage of the sale to our forum.
If you want to know what it adds, you can see if in the address bar.
"/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Honda+Pioneer&linkCode=sl2&tag=home0b202-20&linkId=b07943b6eb8d8f1ea68b867e8193837e"
Keep the link that is on the bottom of every page as a shortcut in your browser aka favorite. Then click it, shop on Amazon, check out and BAM! The forum gets a small percentage of the sale.

Edit:
Image of the image you want to click, bottom of every page.
View attachment 101354
Ok sounds simple enough, what about using the Amazon app that where I usually start bc it's a app on my home screen. It's easy, I'm spoilt to it I guess.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok sounds simple enough, what about using the Amazon app that where I usually start bc it's a app on my home screen. It's easy, I'm spoilt to it I guess.
I am not sure how the app will interact with the link. It may be above my paygrade.
When you click any Amazon link from the forum, does it force open the app? Or does it open your browser and load the page?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!