BOX1

Multi How to support The Honda SxS Club!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,
Thank you for being part of the best site on the web - The Honda SxS Club.

Have had a few questions about how to support the club and what the different badges/banners are under a users name. I had posted a small intro on them long ago, it's outdated so I figured it was time to redo them. So, here it goes.

WHY YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED!!!!
Operating this community has been an eye opener for me. Originally started off my personal server at no additional cost. It quickly ate up the resources and I quickly had to upgrade. 1, 2, 3, and 4 server moves later have all placed a huge financial burden on the books. Your funding and support help cover those costs. Below is a list of some of the reasons your support is needed:
  • The Server
  • Server management services
  • Backup server
  • Monitoring services
  • Uptime reporting services
  • Bandwith protection services
  • Domain names
  • Software licenses
  • Web and Mobile Apps
  • Custom development
  • Additional personal bandwidth
  • Hours and hours of my time keeping all this in order!
And those are just the critical resources. Other non-criticals include:
  • Ride of the Month giveaways
  • Other giveaways
  • Stickers
  • Decals
  • Product development
  • Advertisement and mailings
  • Thank you gifts
  • Pioneer Takeover event

SUPPORTING THE CLUB IS EASY!
The following are ways you can support the club and many are at no cost at all!

Participation!
At the top of the list is the single most important type of support someone can give. And that is visiting the website and participating often!. Starting new threads, welcoming new members into the club, and keeping current threads moving offers a type of support no money can buy.

Amazon or Ebay!
HondaSxS is an approved affiliate for both Amazon and eBay. So, if you buy lots of stuff on Amazon or eBay you could be helping support your favorite club while buying something you were going to buy anyway! Also, when people ask "where did you get that" and you reply "Amazon" please post a link to that page vs a screen shot or name of the product. This all helps a little, but over time it adds up!
One big thing that you can do is create an Amazon bookmark or link on your computer and use the following links:
Amazon - Amazon.com: Honda Pioneer
eBay - eBay - HondaSxS

Advertisements

If you see an advertisement you like... CLICK IT! Clicking it and exploring that page helps provide revenue for the club in very small increments, but every little bit helps!

Vendors
Checking out our vendor section helps the club by showing our vendors some love. Many have donated items and or made financial contributions to the club and/or a club event. When buying from a vendor, include a note saying you are a member of The Honda SxS Club - HondaSxS.com.

Hosting a local Ride!
More info on this later.

UPGRADING YOUR ACCOUNT
Upgrading your account to in 2 different ways HERE --> USER UPGRADES
- Supporting Member
- Lifetime Member!

Both Supporting and Lifetime members provide the same benefits. The biggest is limited advertisements. All adverts except the vendor sections and the header ad is removed. Benefits include:
- Advertisement removal
(except header and vendor section)
- Access to supporting member section.
- Ability to change the title under your user name.
- Increased PM box.
- Poll creating capabilities.
- And a few other small odds and ends.

Supporting Member
is a yearly contribution that helps provide ongoing funding for the club. This can be bought on top of the lifetime membership. It is a reflection of you making a small yearly financial contribution to your favorite club. The Honda SxS Club!

LifeTime Member is a one-time contribution that helps provide funding for the community giving you the same access as a supporting member but on a life long contract.

Upgrading is not the full solution!
Both of these upgrades help provide financial funding, However, they are nowhere near close to a full solution. In fact, I have given away just as many LifeTime memberships that have been sold. Members and the paid accounts only provide about 20% of the funding needed to keep the site running.

DONATIONS
Making a one-time donation to the club is a great way to provide additional support. At the bottom right of the website, you will see a Donate button. Helping can be as simple as "Buying us a Beer". *Though I don't even drink. lol. You can also use this link --> HondaSxS.com using PayPal.Me

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Finally, no matter how you can help support the club I want you to know your contributions and efforts are appreciated. Without your support, this would be just another page lost on the net pushed into the dark corners of nothing. I am amazed at how much this has grown. Back in Feb. 2013, I never dreamed this site would become The Honda SxS Club it is today! I have met and talked to a lot of great people and everyone has been super nice. I couldn't have asked for a better online family.
Thank You!
@Hondasxs

Last edited:
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried to pay like I always do and it keeps telling me my card exp. Is invalid @Hondasxs

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried to pay like I always do and it keeps telling me my card exp. Is invalid @Hondasxs
I had the same thing happen to me with some test. That is a new payment system with STRIPE.
My solution was NOT to use the auto entry and enter the date manually.
You can also choose PayPal and try it that way, pay by card WITHOUT an account.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the same thing happen to me with some test. That is a new payment system with STRIPE.
My solution was NOT to use the auto entry and enter the date manually.
You can also choose PayPal and try it that way, pay by card WITHOUT an account.
Won't let me pay without setting up paypal

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hum..
You doing the supporting $15?
I remember something about this. That a PayPal account was required. But not for the lifetime.

Hold off till tomorrow and I'll check my notes.

It's off to bed for me! Early morning.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hum..
You doing the supporting $15?
I remember something about this. That a PayPal account was required. But not for the lifetime.

Hold off till tomorrow and I'll check my notes.

It's off to bed for me! Early morning.

Yes..supporting. will do..thanks

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have recently got a new card with a different number you have to go into PayPal and change it to the new card number.
Thanks bud..but I don't have a PayPal account anymore. I got hacked a few years ago...so I won't be opening another one

Reactions: Jshell3 and sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks bud..but I don't have a PayPal account anymore. I got hacked a few years ago...so I won't be opening another one
OK.
It does require PayPal account if using PayPal because of the yearly recurrence for the supporting member upgrade.

Solution.
I'll set up a link this afternoon for a 1 time (no account) payment link and update the descriptions to match.

Thanks
Sorry. And appreciate you letting me know.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello,
Thank you for being part of the best site on the web - The Honda SxS Club.

Have had a few questions about how to support the club and what the different badges/banners are under a users name. I had posted a small intro on them long ago, it's outdated so I figured it was time to redo them. So, here it goes.

WHY YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED!!!!

Operating this community has been an eye opener for me. Originally started off my personal server at no additional cost. It quickly ate up the resources and I quickly had to upgrade. 1, 2, 3, and 4 server moves later have all placed a huge financial burden on the books. Your funding and support help cover those costs. Below is a list of some of the reasons your support is needed:
  • The Server
  • Server management services
  • Backup server
  • Monitoring services
  • Uptime reporting services
  • Bandwith protection services
  • Domain names
  • Software licenses
  • Web and Mobile Apps
  • Custom development
  • Additional personal bandwidth
  • Hours and hours of my time keeping all this in order!
And those are just the critical resources. Other non-criticals include:
  • Ride of the Month giveaways
  • Other giveaways
  • Stickers
  • Decals
  • Product development
  • Advertisement and mailings
  • Thank you gifts
  • Pioneer Takeover event

SUPPORTING THE CLUB IS EASY!

The following are ways you can support the club and many are at no cost at all!

Participation!

At the top of the list is the single most important type of support someone can give. And that is visiting the website and participating often!. Starting new threads, welcoming new members into the club, and keeping current threads moving offers a type of support no money can buy.

Amazon or Ebay!
HondaSxS is an approved affiliate for both Amazon and eBay. So, if you buy lots of stuff on Amazon or eBay you could be helping support your favorite club while buying something you were going to buy anyway! Also, when people ask "where did you get that" and you reply "Amazon" please post a link to that page vs a screen shot or name of the product. This all helps a little, but over time it adds up!
One big thing that you can do is create an Amazon bookmark or link on your computer and use the following links:
Amazon - Amazon.com: Honda Pioneer
eBay - eBay - HondaSxS

Advertisements

If you see an advertisement you like... CLICK IT! Clicking it and exploring that page helps provide revenue for the club in very small increments, but every little bit helps!

Vendors
Checking out our vendor section helps the club by showing our vendors some love. Many have donated items and or made financial contributions to the club and/or a club event. When buying from a vendor, include a note saying you are a member of The Honda SxS Club - HondaSxS.com.

Hosting a local Ride!
More info on this later.

UPGRADING YOUR ACCOUNT
Upgrading your account to in 2 different ways HERE --> USER UPGRADES
- Supporting Member
- Lifetime Member!

Both Supporting and Lifetime members provide the same benefits. The biggest is limited advertisements. All adverts except the vendor sections and the header ad is removed. Benefits include:
- Advertisement removal
(except header and vendor section)
- Access to supporting member section.
- Ability to change the title under your user name.
- Increased PM box.
- Poll creating capabilities.
- And a few other small odds and ends.

Supporting Member is a yearly contribution that helps provide ongoing funding for the club. This can be bought on top of the lifetime membership. It is a reflection of you making a small yearly financial contribution to your favorite club. The Honda SxS Club!

LifeTime Member is a one-time contribution that helps provide funding for the community giving you the same access as a supporting member but on a life long contract.

Upgrading is not the full solution!
Both of these upgrades help provide financial funding, However, they are nowhere near close to a full solution. In fact, I have given away just as many LifeTime memberships that have been sold. Members and the paid accounts only provide about 20% of the funding needed to keep the site running.

DONATIONS
Making a one-time donation to the club is a great way to provide additional support. At the bottom right of the website, you will see a Donate button. Helping can be as simple as "Buying us a Beer". *Though I don't even drink. lol. You can also use this link --> HondaSxS.com using PayPal.Me

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Finally, no matter how you can help support the club I want you to know your contributions and efforts are appreciated. Without your support, this would be just another page lost on the net pushed into the dark corners of nothing. I am amazed at how much this has grown. Back in Feb. 2013, I never dreamed this site would become The Honda SxS Club it is today! I have met and talked to a lot of great people and everyone has been super nice. I couldn't have asked for a better online family.
Thank You!
@Hondasxs
I don't have a Pay Pal account and don't like credit cards, do you have a PO Box address that I could send a check to?

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where are the "other" options like lifetime and contributing member

or are those just for the special people that are riding the short bus?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Where are the "other" options like lifetime and contributing member

or are those just for the special people that are riding the short bus?
I'm pretty sensitive about short jokes at 5 foot 6 inches, HA!

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!