ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from west GA. You can do either one. Pics are the unwritten rule here.
#NTC

Pics are the hard and fast rule to mods on any forum right? :D You know what a stock red 1000-5 looks like, how about you good folks providing me with a link or two that will send me down the road to picture taking? If I can get a complete OEM body kit that would probably be the ticket right? Although I've seen some vinyl jobs that look outstanding.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Pics are the hard and fast rule to mods on any forum right? :D You know what a stock red 1000-5 looks like, how about you good folks providing me with a link or two that will send me down the road to picture taking? If I can get a complete OEM body kit that would probably be the ticket right? Although I've seen some vinyl jobs that look outstanding.
Someone with the links will chime in .

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Camo panels are high dollar. You would probably be better off going with a wrap.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rocky Mountain Atv is your huckleberry, just pick a solid color you like from any year, camo is stupid expensive and won’t hide you from animals anyway so I’d go with a black, brown or gray for around $350ish if the red really bothers you but some say red is fastest, I bet it attracts more animals as well.

ACfixer

ACfixer

Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rocky Mountain Atv is your huckleberry, just pick a solid color you like from any year, camo is stupid expensive and won’t hide you from animals anyway so I’d go with a black, brown or gray for around $350ish if the red really bothers you but some say red is fastest, I bet it attracts more animals as well.

Camo doesn't hide you from animals, it hides you from people. ;)

I honestly like the look of the red, it's so Honda. But it's a LOT of red, maybe some black decals to subdue it a little. I will look up Rocky Mountain, thank you.

ACfixer

ACfixer

Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not finding any places that sell complete plastics. Rocky Mountain doesn't seem to have much in that category unless I'm searching it wrong.

I did find some pretty cool wraps on Ebay, I'm just not sure about the installation process. Might have to find someone local who does that stuff.

Reactions: TimG
advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Camo doesn't hide you from animals, it hides you from people. ;)

I honestly like the look of the red, it's so Honda. But it's a LOT of red, maybe some black decals to subdue it a little. I will look up Rocky Mountain, thank you.
Yeah not really, the engine isn’t soundless, I’m a hunter as well and you can hear and follow these things from miles away.

I went white and the hood change was $60, add a black hood and side panels for cheap.

E093801C 11A3 472C 9C15 F23C71BEC11F

ACfixer

ACfixer

Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
^^^^ Looks good! I like the white, I went back and forth on that. Looks well appointed.

Yeah I know they are loud, but we make fun of my buddy who's bright blue Teryx got him busted by a Wyoming game warden when he shot a doe about 150 feet outside the zone. :D Warden told him he saw his blue buggy on the hill like a sore thumb. Minus one deer, minus $500! Hahaha I just know when I show up with a bright red rig I'm going to hear about it in camp. ;)

Reactions: TimG and TripleB
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I wanted white badly but didn't want to wait for the 21s and did not want to get stuck with a higher price tag. I am glad we didn't wait and the orange looks awesome.

IMG 20201217 165616

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hunter here... really wanted the camo but, I bought the red. Yes I know, a Honda is red. But do I have any options to change colors or decent vinyl wraps? ;)
Welcome to the best place in the world btw: HondaSXS Club!

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah and TimG
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It doesnt attract that many animals but it sure does the girls🤣😂🤣

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hunter here... really wanted the camo but, I bought the red. Yes I know, a Honda is red. But do I have any options to change colors or decent vinyl wraps? ;)

It may not apply locally for you but FYI, I priced a full vinyl wrap for mine at about $900 at a local shop (including installation).
I didnt install the wrap.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the and between the great lakes!

First off, we ask for” Pics or it didnt happen!”
cuz of trolls and its nice to know WTH were looking at cuz machines do vary! Its like talking to a chick on the phone ONLY and not being able to see her grill before you take her on a date.

Try a good wrap if u want camo cuz the plastics are expensive. Creative UTV graphics. Walter is a good guy and makes good quality wraps.

TO POST A PIC, in the PIC below, I circled the button to push. That will take u to another window to attach a PIC from your camera, if you want to snap a pic now and attach it or one from your already saved photos the push “full image” then wa la! Your off and runnin like Carl Lewis! (For those of you in Reo Linda CL is an US Olympic track and field gold medalist ;))

Hope this helps!
69303E40 8E49 4A7F A5D5 17E02FE81C62

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hunter here... Got red intentionally because it helps A LOT in finding my ride out of the middle of nowhere as it's getting dark. And red is faster...

ACfixer

ACfixer

Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Love it, thank you! No full sets available in either camo or silver for 20 or 21. I'll check color sets for other years.

Hunter here... Got red intentionally because it helps A LOT in finding my ride out of the middle of nowhere as it's getting dark. And red is faster...

Well, game wardens can spot blue that's for sure! :D Drop a pin on your OnX map to get back to your rig at dusk... We ventured WAY back in AZ zone 32 in 2019 looking for Coues and man did that help. That's some slow hiking in those loose rocks and cactus, jeeeze. Man it gets cold back there in October when the sun gets over the hill.

I'll need to race one that's not red and report back. I will say, this thing is pretty darn peppy... I can see a careless rider t-boning a tree easy.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!