BOX1

Hunting Rig Gun Rack

mullinsm24

May 20, 2019
Broken Arrow
Hello to all. HELP!!! I started thinking about mounting a rifle boot and case to my 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 and I cannot figure out where to begin as far a where to mount it and what to buy. I like Koplin style gun boots but I am open to anything. What do you hunters have? What do you like about it? And what are the drawbacks? Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vikes79
box4

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1000-5
Hello to all. HELP!!! I started thinking about mounting a rifle boot and case to my 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 and I cannot figure out where to begin as far a where to mount it and what to buy. I like Koplin style gun boots but I am open to anything. What do you hunters have? What do you like about it? And what are the drawbacks? Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Personally, I stopped using gun racks in trucks/atv/sxs years ago. I don't like the idea of the scope being constantly shaked around so much. In the Pioneer, I put the barrel to the floor with the scope up and laid against my leg. If crowded, someone else will hold them. If not scoped, I would use a mount.

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1000-3,
1000-5

I bought this 2 months ago. I've only used it for shotguns so far. I've been hauling a Remington sp-10ga and a Remington 1187 with no issues. Only negatives i could potentially see so far is having a lot of weight up high, making u more top heavy. But I don't plan on being on really bad trails on a hunt. Oh yeah, u will need to put your guns in socks to keep the dust off of them.

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1000-3,
1000-5
box4
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!