BOX1

Hunting Rig Gun Rack

M

mullinsm24

May 20, 2019
Broken Arrow
Hello to all. HELP!!! I started thinking about mounting a rifle boot and case to my 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 and I cannot figure out where to begin as far a where to mount it and what to buy. I like Koplin style gun boots but I am open to anything. What do you hunters have? What do you like about it? And what are the drawbacks? Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vikes79
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello to all. HELP!!! I started thinking about mounting a rifle boot and case to my 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 and I cannot figure out where to begin as far a where to mount it and what to buy. I like Koplin style gun boots but I am open to anything. What do you hunters have? What do you like about it? And what are the drawbacks? Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Personally, I stopped using gun racks in trucks/atv/sxs years ago. I don't like the idea of the scope being constantly shaked around so much. In the Pioneer, I put the barrel to the floor with the scope up and laid against my leg. If crowded, someone else will hold them. If not scoped, I would use a mount.

Reactions: Biteme and Vikes79
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I bought this 2 months ago. I've only used it for shotguns so far. I've been hauling a Remington sp-10ga and a Remington 1187 with no issues. Only negatives i could potentially see so far is having a lot of weight up high, making u more top heavy. But I don't plan on being on really bad trails on a hunt. Oh yeah, u will need to put your guns in socks to keep the dust off of them.

C

Checkertail

Jul 7, 2020
IDaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Other Brand
Check out blacrac.com

Honda Pioneer AR Honda Pioneer AR 1 Honda Pioneer Pistol

Reactions: TripleB
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use my cabelas double gun bag which has straps for mounting behind the headrests.

Reactions: oldfortyfive
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use my cabelas double gun bag which has straps for mounting behind the headrests.

Was looking at this. Just wondering about the back panel. Can they be used together.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Was looking at this. Just wondering about the back panel. Can they be used together.

I put mine on the roll cage. You can stack two so you can carry 4 guns. I do that on my prairie dog trips.

Reactions: Vikes79
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the heads- up on this case, Dirtstiffs! I just ordered the one in camo. From the pics on Amazon, it looks like a really great match for the Honda Phantom Camo.
Spray it with camp dry or some other water repellent if you leave in the weather.
Mine is under the roof and works great for the buck three.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!