P1000 Hurley, WI Memorial weekend trip.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A few pics from "the guys" Memorial Day weekend. Rode the Iron County trails in Northern Wisconsin. 320 miles in 3 1/2 days. Unfortunately the John Deere Gator's steering rack assembly broke from the frame on day one . My Pioneer 1000-3 ran really good and seen plenty of mud. The transmission defaulted to first gear after crossing a water hole once. Shut engine off for 10 seconds and restarted. Ran flawlessly afterwards...Strange but over the years of owning ATV's, small glitchs sometimes happen. Brings the odometer to just over 400 miles.

IMG 0705 IMG 0708 IMG 0709

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, my buddy was giving those gator's a serious look and then the stories started coming in. Too bad too cuz I'm a John Deere guy when it comes to tractors, just haven't dialed in their sxs's yet. Looks like it was fun though. ;)

Reactions: Eltobgi and iowaguy
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
A few pics from "the guys" Memorial Day weekend. Rode the Iron County trails in Northern Wisconsin. 320 miles in 3 1/2 days. Unfortunately the John Deere Gator's steering rack assembly broke from the frame on day one . My Pioneer 1000-3 ran really good and seen plenty of mud. The transmission defaulted to first gear after crossing a water hole once. Shut engine off for 10 seconds and restarted. Ran flawlessly afterwards...Strange but over the years of owning ATV's, small glitchs sometimes happen. Brings the odometer to just over 400 miles.

View attachment 45047 View attachment 45048 View attachment 45049
We are headed up there the third week of June, looking forward to it.

Reactions: moparornocar
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah, my buddy was giving those gator's a serious look and then the stories started coming in. Too bad too cuz I'm a John Deere guy when it comes to tractors, just haven't dialed in their sxs's yet. Looks like it was fun though. ;)
One of the couple's that ride with us had a gator last fall when we went to Black River Falls ,We had to tow it in after the first day, He said that was the last time that would happen, They got a1000-5 a month ago and really like it, they are looking forward to riding at Hurley next month.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Been meaning to thank you Iowaguy for the seatbelt pad idea. That was a long time ago that you posted that and I don't know where but I ordered a pair. Keeps that thing from digging into my neck, especially on rough rides.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
320 miles. That sounds like a lot of fun,

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of the couple's that ride with us had a gator last fall when we went to Black River Falls ,We had to tow it in after the first day, He said that was the last time that would happen, They got a1000-5 a month ago and really like it, they are looking forward to riding at Hurley next month.
I'll be in Hurley next weekend 9-11th best trails in Wi.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 45047 View attachment 45048 View attachment 45049
Heading next Friday!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are staying at the Days Inn.It would be great to meet up with you
I usually stay at Schomburg park. But I'm planning doing it in a tent for old time sakes. There's a secret park on some waterfalls for $5 a night with electric. Not big enough for the t.v..

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I usually stay at Schomburg park. But I'm planning doing it in a tent for old time sakes. There's a secret park on some waterfalls for $5 a night with electric. Not big enough for the t.v..
We have never been up that way before,I hear the scenery is great, be sure to let me know which trails to take for the best views and waterfalls when you return after your trip, better yet you could give us a guided tour when we come up.

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have never been up that way before,I hear the scenery is great, be sure to let me know which trails to take for the best views and waterfalls when you return after your trip, better yet you could give us a guided tour when we come up.
If you have never been up here I could show you some really great places

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We stayed at Schomberg park over Memorial weekend in tents. Nice park with clean bathrooms and shower. Definatly would go back.

Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!