ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks to all who contribute to this forum.

On Good Friday, I purchased a new 2016 P500 in Red. I bought it with the bimini top and Honda Poly windshield....

The wish list includes:

26" x 9" Bighorns (all around) on wheels with an extra inch of offset
Winch
STORAGE.... really Honda? Nothing at all????
light bar
plow
"beverage" holder
Some kind of cheap, compact radio/stereo....
and on and on and on....

I owned the machine for about 24 hours, and it was already almost due for the first service... ugh... I do all my own wrenching but I think I will take it in for the valve lash check just so its documented for warranty. They want $250 for the first service (oil,filter, valve check, bunch of other crap they say they do but probably won't actually do...)

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015

On Good Friday, I purchased a new 2016 P500 in Red. I bought it with the bimini top and Honda Poly windshield....

The wish list includes:

Winch
light bar
plow
"beverage" holder
and on and on and on....

I owned the machine for about 24 hours, and it was already almost due for the first service... ugh... I do all my own wrenching but I think I will take it in for the valve lash check just so its documented for warranty. They want $250 for the first service (oil,filter, valve check, bunch of other crap they say they do but probably won't actually do...)
It begins.

Reactions: ehart814
Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome if you are anything like me you will love this machine, they climb like a goat and sip gas. As for storage check some of the threads here there are lots of good ideas for underwood and under seat storage.

Last edited:
Reactions: ehart814
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Just a heads up...if you are driving through the woods and trails, that poly windshield will scratch quickly...I took mine back before I installed and purchased the hardcoat (which after a year is even scratching)...might want to consider an EMP hardcoat windshield if it isn't too late...enjoy the goat!!

Reactions: markie
advertisement
cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas

The wish list includes:

Winch
light bar
plow
"beverage" holder
and on and on and on....

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great members on here that share a lot of very useful info.

Reactions: ehart814 and markie
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just a heads up...if you are driving through the woods and trails, that poly windshield will scratch quickly...I took mine back before I installed and purchased the hardcoat (which after a year is even scratching)...might want to consider an EMP hardcoat windshield if it isn't too late...enjoy the goat!!
Thanks for the tip, but it's way too late. It's already scratching, but I knew the nature of these things before I bought it. I may buy one of those cheap half windshields on ebay and use that for the summer, and save the full windshield for plowing season.

Reactions: SBuckJ and markie
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Thanks for the tip, but it's way too late. It's already scratching, but I knew the nature of these things before I bought it. I may buy one of those cheap half windshields on ebay and use that for the summer, and save the full windshield for plowing season.
Sad thing is what Honda charges for their windshields, hard coat or not...When I bought mine EMP didn't have one out yet..that'll teach me to buy early :)

C

Chooglin

I may buy one of those cheap half windshields on ebay and use that for the summer, and save the full windshield for plowing season.

This is what I do too , use the full winshield in colder weather and the half windshield in the summer !!