P700 I know its in there somewhere

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I noticed my gear selector was slowly getting to where it was in need of adjustment. the "sweet" spot for the neutral position had moved a little south of neutral and shifting seemed a little on the rough side. Adjusting the cable is not that difficult, but getting to it on my machine was a PIA. I have the factory heater and switch/voltmeter set-ups and power steering. In order to adjust the cable, the heater needs to get out of the way, but in order to move the heater you have to remove the circuit board/ fuse block for the accy wiring so you can get to the bolt that holds the heater in.
20160416 111346 zpswtv5cuna
The hole job probably took me an hour and a half,luckily for me I put all that stuff in the so I knew how to remove it or get it out of the way. Shifting between gears now seams much easier making the whole job worth the effort. My suggestion to anyone thinking about installing a heater or power steering would be to make sure your cables are adjusted real good first.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Thanks for the tip!!! I have a heater but fortunately the shift lever is working fine. I love how people on this site give heads up advice to others . I for one appreciate it .

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!