P1000 I need a Dash Mount

J

Jshell3

Looking at putting some type of Cell holder / Radio holder / GPS holder that mounts to my dash.
IMG 4711

I want one that holds several sizes and types w/out having to swap ends...

Suggestions I can research?

What's your dash look like?

Reactions: dotman1 and Ridem32
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
i use the xgrip by ram mount it is perfect for just about anything. i use it with a suction cup mount and it has never gone anywhere even in the roughest conditions. but like they said above you may have to put something thicker behind that plate to give it some more support if you want to mount it to the dash like that.

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Headed down this same path in that I have lights to install but have not nailed the switching / relays as of yet. The switch console you installed looks like an item I have seen on Amazon. Like most have an Amazon account so wondering your feedback even if not a Amazon purchase.
Thanks.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've tried too many phone/GPS holders to admit. I have a box full of the ones that were junk. Save your money trying any of the cheap Chinese knockoffs. If you ride in rough, rocky terrain, it's difficult to find a holder that will actually hold strong enough. There's only two that I would suggest and both have already been mentioned. Both are RAM mounts. The Ram suction cup holder that KevinSC posted is the same one I use in several of our SXSs. I too mounted them more permanently by screwing them into the dash. I also have one of the Ram cradle holders that Hondasxs posted. Stick with Ram mounts if you're looking for quality mounts that work in the roughest conditions.

advertisement
J

Jshell3

Headed down this same path in that I have lights to install but have not nailed the switching / relays as of yet. The switch console you installed looks like an item I have seen on Amazon. Like most have an Amazon account so wondering your feedback even if not a Amazon purchase.
Thanks.
I hot linked the Amazon page in my initial write up on my build page. --> Go here.
P1000m5 - BIG BLUE

I like it because it lmatches the dash carbon fiber look really good. Super easy to install, too.
I elected NOT to buy switches w/ names - purposely. But those are out there if you look for them.

Reactions: BlueCollarGuy7007

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!